• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Where to buy, Alternate Tastes of London?

JustasAmbru

Pronouns
He/Him
You see I remember among the multiple sealion press books, that were on amazon, among them was alternate tastes of london. And the problem is that, as of a week ago, I have checked and discovered that the book is no longer there. I have also tried finding websites where I could buy the book, but the search results were very scarce. Thus I didn't find anything.

But that is why I am here, to inquire help on this matter and answer the questions. Which I would appreciate.
1. Why is the book, no longer sold on amazon?
2. If the author took it down, why did he do it?
3. Can you post links as to where I could buy it?

Cause I know this isn't the only book that was taken down(Zonen and Alternate myths for example), but I managed to find those others on websites that sold them, the only one that I didn't is this one.

You see I remember among the multiple sealion press books, that were on amazon, among them was alternate tastes of london. And the problem is that, as of a week ago, I have checked and discovered that the book is no longer there. I have also tried finding websites where I could buy the book, but the search results were very scarce. Thus I didn't find anything.

But that is why I am here, to inquire help on this matter and answer the questions. Which I would appreciate.
1. Why is the book, no longer sold on amazon?
2. If the author took it down, why did he do it?
3. Can you post links as to where I could buy it?

Cause I know this isn't the only book that was taken down(Zonen and Alternate myths for example), but I managed to find those others on websites that sold them, the only one that I didn't is this one.
Zonen is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zonen-Denmark-occupied-northern-Germany-ebook/dp/B012IY97PO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1VGGAND3E1THT&keywords=zonen+tom+black&qid=1674768177&sprefix=zonen+tom+black,aps,191&sr=8-2

Some books get withdrawn by authors so they can publish them elsewhere. SLP’s agreement with authors is that we will remove books from sale as long as an agreed amount of notice is provided.

Zonen is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zonen-Denmark-occupied-northern-Germany-ebook/dp/B012IY97PO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1VGGAND3E1THT&keywords=zonen+tom+black&qid=1674768177&sprefix=zonen+tom+black,aps,191&sr=8-2

Some books get withdrawn by authors so they can publish them elsewhere. SLP’s agreement with authors is that we will remove books from sale as long as an agreed amount of notice is provided.
That's odd, it wasn't there when I searched for it. Both on amazon or google.

And what about the return of king arthur and other alternate myths, what happened to that?

Alternate Tastes of London and The Return of King Arthur are now published by @David Flin's company, Sergeant Frosty Publications. He'd be best placed to say whether the content is identical - I believe this is broadly the case.

411ToZywtJL._SY346_.jpg

Available at:

Green and Pleasant Land (Book 1 of Building Jerusalem series (6 books). Originally published as Bring Me My Bow.

21EDR4g-1jS._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B096TN7HP5

Six East End Boys and Tales From Section D:

Available at:

Return Of King Arthur

Available at:

This is just the first story from the collection originally available from SLP.

Details of the full collection of books available from SFP can be found at:

Including Building a Better Future.

411ToZywtJL._SY346_.jpg

Available at:

Green and Pleasant Land (Book 1 of Building Jerusalem series (6 books). Originally published as Bring Me My Bow.

21EDR4g-1jS._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B096TN7HP5

Six East End Boys and Tales From Section D:

Available at:

Return Of King Arthur

Available at:

This is just the first story from the collection originally available from SLP.

Details of the full collection of books available from SFP can be found at:

Including Building a Better Future.
Sorry but isn't the same book that I'm talking about, the return of king arthur and other alternate myths, was the one that had Nesie facing off a nazi submarine.

Sorry but isn't the same book that I'm talking about, the return of king arthur and other myths, was the one that had Nesie facing off a nazi submarine.

Return of King Arthur and Other Myths is now no longer available.

Return of King Arthur, one of the stories that was in Return of King Arthur and Other Myths, is available as a single book.

When books get republished by different publishers, the cover art usually gets changed.

For example, The Steel Bonnets by George MacDonald Fraser:

9780002727464-uk.jpg

or

s-l500.jpg

Same book, different publisher, different cover.

Return of King Arthur and Other Myths is now no longer available.

Return of King Arthur, one of the stories that was in Return of King Arthur and Other Myths, is available as a single book.

When books get republished by different publishers, the cover art usually gets changed.

For example, The Steel Bonnets by George MacDonald Fraser:

9780002727464-uk.jpg

or

s-l500.jpg

Same book, different publisher, different cover.
I knew it, still I can read it on scribd.

I knew it, still I can read it on scribd.

I can't say I care for Scribd, given the various accusations against it of infringing copyright.

As someone who makes a living from sales of the written word, I am not that keen on companies that steal works and provide them as free downloads.

My view? Piracy on the High Cs. Also the As, Bs, Ds ...

I can't say I care for Scribd, given the various accusations against it of infringing copyright.

As someone who makes a living from sales of the written word, I am not that keen on companies that steal works and provide them as free downloads.

My view? Piracy on the High Cs. Also the As, Bs, Ds ...
I don't know about the ''free'' part cause I had to pay 10 euros a month/two months to even read them. Plus it is important to see if the allegations are true or not, as you how some people like to misuse the copyright system like disney.

No offence, but is mentioning sites like scribd legal here, I don't want to get into trouble.

No offence, but is mentioning sites like scribd legal here, I don't want to get into trouble.
Scribd is partnered with Draft2Digital, who are a legitimate outfit who carry a lot of our books and share them with non-Amazon sellers. It would be hypocritical to ban talking about them, therefore. If there are issues around their reputation then I trust D2D to look into them and act accordingly (as they have done with some unscrupulous operators in the past).

Back