• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Twitter embeds aren’t loading on my phone

Tom Colton

domesticated humans?!
Pronouns
he/him/his
There seems to be a bug today where Twitter links will briefly appear then vanish, leaving many posts empty or missing context.

Quoting them reveals the link is still there, but their content is impossible to glean. This is off my iPhone and running Safari and has been the case for the past few hours; I had been having trouble loading other things last night but a reboot solved it.

Okay, I've disabled it but it won't bring back old posts that already 'tried' to embed tweets.

Will look more into this.

Is Xitter not showing on list of things you can embed because it was turned off?

View attachment 77014
You never actually needed to manually embed media - Xenforo does it automatically. Twitter/X is now turned off to stop it auto-embedding and then breaking.

This may be something that has been fixed in the newest version of Xenforo, but that's a cost. I will have a look.

Is this likely to be a permanent issue or temporary?
From what I've learned this morning, Twitter/Musk has deliberately disabled embedding, that's what caused this issue a few weeks ago.

There is a third party add-on which other XenForo users claim can sort it, I need to find the time to play with it. Regrettably, if Musk leaves embedding broken, all posts which relied on it in the past will remain broken.

PHP is updating right now, the forum may go down for a moment. If PHP works, we can hopefully get embeds back via a plugin.

Back