• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Thirty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

The Thirty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

• The Tubes The Gas Comes Down In - Walpurgisnacht

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • ALE KOLUMeBA - KolyenuKS

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Suwanee and Ramaswamy - Wendell

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Vi är bäst! - Blackentheborg

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The War to End All Wars - ZeroFrame

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • The Revolution Will Be Live Streamed - Yokai Man

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Sword of Damocles - Alberto Knox

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • The Future is Now Old, Man - Excelsior

• AMERICAS FIRST - Kerguelen

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Second As Farce - Lilitou

• Chairs of the High Council of the African Federation - Warthog

• The Rest is Wish Fulfillment - SenatorChickpea

• Ever Forward - Steve Brinson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walpurgisnacht

It was in the Year of Maximum Danger
Pronouns
He/Him
To master the art of list-writing, one must employ all 36 stratagems! Apart from the retreat one. And all the other ones that don't really work in this context.

The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the last day of the month. (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally post it in Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State rather than another thread, I think that's a good enough criterion. Writeups are preferred, please don't post a blank list, and I'd also appreciate it if you titled your list for polling purposes. Once the deadline hits, we will open up a multiple choice poll, cocurrent with the new challenge going up, and whoever receives the most votes after a week gets the entirely immaterial prize.

January is a month of promise. It starts the Christian year, ushers in new possibilities for us all, new ways of seeing the world. Even if we spend the rest of the year in the same old self-doubting rut, the promise of the new year lets us spend a few weeks believing that we can really change our lives for the better, or at the very least, that we can change them. The theme of the next challenge reflects this; it's The Future. Plenty of lists have been set there, a wondrous world where Party Youth Wing leader is a job with actual career prospects, and plenty of lists have also reflected the vanished futures of the past, the far off space-years of 2003. Either way, there's material.

Good luck!

The Tubes The Gas Comes Down In
Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom:
2022-2024: Rishi Sunak (Conservative)
2024-2029: Keir Starmer (Labour)
def 2024: (Majority) Rishi Sunak (Conservative), Huzma Yousaf (SNP), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats)
2029-2038: Lee Anderson (Conservative)
def 2029: (Majority) Keir Starmer (Labour), Kate Forbes (SNP), Carla Denyer & Adrian Ramsay (Green), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats)
2031 Net Zero Repeal Referendum: 57% YES, 43% NO
def 2033: (Majority) Rachel Reeves (Labour), Carla Denyer & Thelma Walker (Greens: The World Transformed), Kate Forbes (SNP), Munira Wilson (Liberal Democrats), no leader (Independent Climate Crisis)

2038-2040: Keir Mather (Labour)
def 2038: (Minority dep. on abstaination) Lee Anderson (Conservative), Tom Harwood (Freedom GB), no leader (Action on Extinction), Sakhina Sheikh & Tim Speers (World Transformed), Mairi McAllan (SNP)
2040-2045: Andrew Bendigo (Conservative)
def 2040: (Majority) Keir Mather (Labour), no leader (Action on Extinction), Thom Barnes-Wise & Edwin Grove (World Transformed), Mari McAllan (SNP)
2045-2059: Andrew Bendigo (Conservative leading National Government)
2045: (Majority projected) collective leadership (Extinction Army) def. Andrew Bendigo (Conservative), Addison Lamb (SNP), Rania Ramli (Labour), Sukhpal Gill ("Continuity" World Transformed)
def 2050: (Majority) no Parliamentary opposition
def 2055: (Majority) no Parliamentary opposition

2059-0000: Gen. Ryang Mi-Hyun (UN Climate Reconstruction Mandate: British Isles)

"Grandad, tell us about snow again."

"I don't see why--you kids have seen snow, haven't you? On the telly, last week. There was that big snowstorm in Arkangelsk, that they weren't expecting, and..."

"Yeah, but you've seen real snow. In real life."

"Snow that was here! Outside!"

"It's not all it's cracked up to have been. The ground would freeze--you'd slip and slide all over the place--and you'd need a thick coat to go outside, and the sky would be iron-grey, but you'd barely get any snow. Most of the time, I remember, it was just a sprinkle."

"But what was it like?"

"Cold, just as cold as everything around it. It had a funny taste, a little like metal, but my mother never liked me eating it, and you had to eat a lot to get the taste, so I don't remember it well. What I remember is the light. When you were lying in bed, just before you got up, and you could see out the window that pale light reflecting off the snow, and you knew that..."

"Grandad? You're crying again."

"Sorry, sorry...you know how it is, with memories. Especially ones of things you know you'll never see again."

"How do you know?"

"Yeah! What if someone builds a weather machine? Like in that movie!"

"Blake and Mortimer aren't real, stupid."

"It's even worse when you know it's your fault you'll never see it again."

"Blake and Mortimer went to Tibet, and Tibet's real! So there!"

"That doesn't prove anything, you're being silly, shut up and let granddad tell his story. What makes it your fault, granddad?"

"Well, it's not my fault, exactly. It's everyone's fault--me, and your grandmother's, and my parents', and your uncle Seb's, and old Tom from down the road, and...everyone who was alive at that time, one way or another."

"Oh, granddad's talking about the climate crisis again."

"I can hear you, you know!"

"We've already heard this story. We had to interview you for school about it and everything. You told us about how you'd met some of the Extinction Rebellion Martyrs before they got martyrised--"

"Martyred."

"--you believe in weather machines, shut up, martyrised, and the stupid people who voted against cutting the emissions--that terrible argument you had with Uncle Seb, at the time, about the insects and the pods, as well. You always tell us that story."

"Do I really? Curse of the old man's brain, I'm afraid--repetition."

"And you told us all that stuff about how no-one listened to Hallam, 'til it was too late, and what happened when he took to the streets, and how you nearly got on Flight 79 to New York but your ticket got bumped up, and how you saw Bendigo send the drones into the crowd on the news, and, and the UN, and everything. All of it."

"I know, I know."

"It was good. Mr Darmadi gave me a Double Merit."

"Only the double?"

"He said he didn't like all the stuff you put in about Hallam. Said it was innacurate, that I was slandering him."

"He was a cult leader. And a coward. I was there."

"I know."

"Those poor kids who laid under planes, who burnt themselves alive, who drove dingeys into oil tankers...and Hallam egged them on and sat back."

"I know."

"Say what you like about Bendigo, HaShem only knows, he had the moral fibre to stay in Downing Street right up until the blue helmets marched in, and he sat in the dock for 'high crimes against the future of humanity', right the way though, without any theatrics or bloody hemlo--"

"I know!"

"Sorry, sorry. It's...I don't know. I don't know why he still makes me so angry."

"Mr Darmadi said you didn't like him 'cos he tried to do something, and you just 'wallowed'."

"Rachel!"

"What? It's what he said."

"You can't say that, though! 's rude!"

"Well you think weather machines exist."

"How is that--"

"Your teacher's right, I think."

"Granddad!"

"You don't need to defend me, Dovid. It's all right. Like I said, it's everyone's fault."

"Is it all the same fault, though?"

"Huh?"

"Well, if you feel so bad, doesn't that mean you think it's less of the Extinction Army's fault than it is yours?"

"That's obvio--"

"Yeah! So, isn't it more Bendigo's fault than it is yours? Or Andaman--"

"Anderson."

"--you made graddad sad, shut up, Andaman, for his stupid referendum? Or all the people who were burning oil before you were born? All the people who wrote you off as a stupid kid?"

"Maybe? I don't know. They gave me a mess of a future, I gave you kids one as well. That's all it was, in the end; the old burning the young to stay warm, because the future was a place without them and so it didn't matter. Don't think I get to say I'm much better just for being one of the ones who didn't burn and was lucky enough to not get burnt."

"Maybe you're a little better."

"Maybe."

"Maybe you'll be better still, Dovid, Rachel."

"Maybe."

"...tell us about the supermarkets again."

"Alright. Well, when I was a lad, back before they brought in the National Ration Service, to get food you'd have to go to all kinds of big shops, but there was one very big one..."

Last edited:
ALE KOLUMeBA
ARaKIVES FuRUM YE MOSoT ONORABaLE LIBeRARI OF KONeGeRES, KOLUMeBA SITI, IMiPIRIM KOLUMeBA
PeRESEDINiTiS OF YE MOSoT HOLI IMiPIRIM
FuRUM YE YERiS OF 2303 AFaTAR FONaDATIN, TO YE KURENeT YER OF OR IMiPIRIM, 4303
LONoG MAi YE IMiPIRIM REGiN
DINASiTI OF NICiSON, RED OF BLOD
2303 - 2364
RICARiD YE UNIFIR, MOSoT HOLI OF IMiPIRITORS, MOSoT POWEReFUL OF GODS, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
2364 - 2402
RICARiD II YE PESEMAKER, PATiRON SANiT OF NIYORiK, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE

2402 - 2439
MIKEL YE ZAMEFUL, DISiGiRAS TO AL, LONoG MAi HE BUReN IN FIRE FOR HIS KiRIMES AGANiSiT YE IMiPIRIM
2439 - 2504
RONALaD YE FIZIReMAN, PATiRON SANiT OF CESAPEKE, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
DINASiTI OF KARiTER, BLU OF LOYALiTI

2504 - 2575
JAMES YE SOYEReNOR, PATiRON SANiT OF SAFANAH, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
2575 - 2600
JAMES II YE MORiTAL, MARiTIR OF THE CURuC, HIS DEY MAY NEFER BE FORoGOTIN, LONoG MAY HE RESeT IN PESE
2600 - 2669
WALiTUR YE YUNiGUR, PATiRON SANiT OF MINISOTA, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE

DINASiTI OF BUZ, YELOW OF CONiFICiTON
2669 - 2703
GORoG YE OLoDER, PATiRON SANiT OF KONETIKUT, DESeTeROYUR OF THE FALaSE FAY, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY

2703 - 2784
GORoG II YE YUNiGUR, PATiRON SANiT OF TiRINITI, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
2784 - 2840
PIROT YE OTiSIDIR, PATiRON SANiT OF SUDECiSAS, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
2840 - 2864
JEB YE BETeRAR, LONoG MAi HE BUReN IN FIRE FOR HIS KiRIMES AGANiSiT YE IMiPIRIM
DINASiTI OF KiLINiTON, GeREN OF HUMILITI

2864 - 2910
WILIM YE PATiRON OF YE ARiTS, PATiRON SANiT OF ARaKANAS, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
2910 - 2984
ZELeSE YE MERiSIFUL, PATiRON SANiT OF UTIKA, LONoG MAi SeHE RESeT IN PESE
2984 - 3043
DONALeD YE SELOT, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
3043 - 3099
RICARiD III YE PATiROT, PATiRON SANiT OF ZIKAGA, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
3099 - 3153
JOSEF YE KARINiG, PATiRON SANiT OF DELAWAR, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
3153 - 3200
BERiNARiD YE DETIRiMINISiT, PATiRON SANiT OF FIRiMONiT, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
3200 - 3205 (??)

THE MOSoT UNiHOLI OF AL, MAi HIS NAME NEFER BE RITIN DOWoN, FOR IT SHOULD REMAiN FORoGOTON, LONoG MAi HE BUReN IN FIRE FOR HIS KiRIMES AGANiSiT YE HOL OF HUMANITI
3205 - 3643

ANARCHY REIGNS, IMiPIRIM IN RUiNiS
DINASiTI OF LINiKOLiN, MOSoT LOiAL OF AL, PeROTEKOReS OF THE FaLAMES OF LIBERiTI
3643 - 3700
ABaRAHIM YE UNIFIR, PeROTEKOR OF THE CURuC, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
3700 - 3750
ABaRAHIM II YE UNiDINiG, PeROTEKOR OF THE CURuC, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
3750 - 3801
HENeRI YE LONoG WINeDED, PATiRON SANiT OF YE RIFIR MOSoT SAKeRED, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
3801 - 3805
WILIM II YE DECETiFUL, LONoG MAi HE BUReN IN FIRE FOR HIS KiRIMES AGANiSiT YE IMiPIRIM
3805 - 3871
MARiTIN YE VINiDICATED, PATiRON SANiT OF YE GOLeDEN BAi, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
3871 - 3920
GORoG III YE TaRADITONISiT
, LONoG MAi HE BUReN IN FIRE FOR HIS KiRIMES AGANiSiT YE IMiPIRIM

3920 - 3987
FeREDeRIK YE SuLUGIZ, MAi HE RECEVE ETEReNAL PUNIZiMENiT FOR HIS SINiS
3987 - 4034
GORoG IV YE KONeROR, PeROTEKOR OF YE CURuC, GiRANiTER OF ARASaKA, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
4034 - 4063
PIROT II YE SIKiLI, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
DINASiTI OF ROSENeFEL, MOST HOLI OF AL

4063 - 4103
JAMES III YE MODERATOR, PeROTEKOR OF YE CURuC, LIBERATOR OF HABANA, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY

4103 - 4153
FiRANiK YE DILANO, PeROTEKOR OF YE CURuC, DEFETER OF MECiSICA, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
4153 - 4200
YERODOR YE ECiSiPoLOR, PATiRON SANiT OF CIMiBiRALAN, LONoG MAi HE PeROTEK US IN DEY
4200 - 4242
JAMES IV YE FALaS PoROFET, MAi HE RECEVE ETEReNAL PUNIZiMENiT FOR HIS SINiS
4242 - 4300
YOMIS YE FISONARI, LONoG MAi HE RESeT IN PESE
4300 - KURENiT
ELANOR YE ONERABaLE, LONoG MAi SeHE REGiN

Hail Columbia
Archives from the most honorable Library of Congress, Columbia City, Imperium Columbia (Empire of Columbia)
Presidents of the Most Holy Imperium
From the years of 2303 After Foundation, to the current year of our Imperium, 4303
Long may the Imperium Reign
This is effectively a post-apocalyptic USA list, except with the added bonus that its unknown *when* the actual date is (with this not even being the first Empire). The lore is some event happened in the 20xxs that saw the destruction of modern society, with a mass exodus from the east coast inland (only barely keeping the history of the usa intact, and not very well at that), with a Church based around the United States taking over once the first major empire came along, and purposely changed the English (ENeGeLIZ in this case) language in order for people to not be able to fact check them. The Imperium Columbia in the modern day now controls all of North America (with autonomy to Alaska and central america and parts of Mexico), as well as Iceland and Britain (CIMiBiRALAN - Wales), with plans for expansion into mainland Europe. They're also in a semi-cold war with not-Brazil, mainly over Columbian controlled.. Colombia. (sorry if this isnt what you meant, i hope this is good)

Last edited:
Suwanee and Ramaswamy

There was something familiar about the circumstances in which the United States found themselves. A raucous Democratic convention in Chicago, a Robert Kennedy candidacy, a major third party run, and a primary in New Hampshire that derails a presidential reelection bid. Among Republicans, a transplanted New Yorker faces off against a sunbelt governor for the presidential nomination. Russia and its proxies remain on the march. U.S. influence in Asia is threatened, and a war involving Israel has just wound down. The year was not 1968; it's 2024.

Historian and former first son Barron Trump in his controversial new book on his father's political life points to two instances that might have reshaped American politics for a generation. The first he points to is the United States Senate race in Ohio in 2022 in which Indian American investor, corporate executive and Cincinatti native Vivek Ramaswamy ran for and was elected United States senator in succession to Rob Portman. Trump argues that the eventual Republican senate leader had considered foregoing a Senate bid in 2022 to instead seek the presidency in 2024.

Controversially, the author goes on to credit the cantankerous Ohioan and his laryngologist wife for Mitch McConnell's 2023 decision to step aside from Republican leadership in the summer of 2023, when he was succeeded not by John Thune as many expected, but by Marco Rubio, the senior senator from Florida. The selection of a relatively moderate Republican first elected during the Tea Party wave of 2010 gave both wings of the caucus a leader they could live with. Still more contentiously, the former president's son argues that the Ramaswamy candidacy helped get fellow venture capitalist David McCormick the Republican nomination and senate seat in Pennsylvania succeeding Pat Toomey after both candidates were attacked as carpetbaggers and Ramaswamy hit back by hosting a joint event with, and actively campaigning for, his eventual colleague.

Trump argues that a Ramaswamy presidential bid, still as a Republican in his estimation, does two things to impact the race. First, it eats away at much of the tech sector investment that went on to fuel Dean Phillips' candidacy challenging President Biden. Secondly, Trump argues that a Ramaswamy candidacy would have drawn much of the ire directed by Chris Christie toward Nikki Haley in the presidential debates towards himself instead. Barron Trump then speculates that this results in Haley remaining a viable candidate longer, thus derailing Ron DeSantis' effort to coalesce opponents of his father's renomination around himself successfully.

In this hypothetical alternate 2024 campaign, Baron Trump makes two critical errors. First, he assumes that Ramaswamy would have run as a Republican for president rather than as an independent. It came out over the course of the 2022 senate campaign that Ramaswamy had an inconsistent record not merely of voting, but of supporting Republicans electorally and financially. Thus, assuming a Republican candidacy seems unreasonable, particularly given the way the author's own father sucked up so much of the energy in the race for so long. As an aside, one wonders how this would have impacted not just Phillips' challenge to Biden's renomination, but to the No Labels effort to quixotically defeat both 2020 major party nominees from winning second terms. Further, it's a stretch for the younger Trump to argue that the Ramaswamy Senate bid had any effect in Pennsylvania, where the other leading Republican was a flaky media personality with even more dubious ties to Pennsylvania than McCormick. John Fetterman, at the time lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania, made much of McCormick's long-time residency in Connecticut; he would have had a field day with Mehmet Oz having been actively a New Jersey resident and using the address of his in-laws to assert Pennsylvania residency. Interestingly, Baron Trump overlooks McCormick securing the nomination despite Oz having had his father's endorsement. Second, while Pennsylvania was a close race throughout the primary and general elections in 2022, there's no real indication that Ramaswamy was decisive in McCormick's victory over Oz.

Furthermore, it is dubious for the younger Trump to suggest that GOP opponents of his father would rally to Nikki Haley, who served in the Trump administration, and who sought the former president's blessing to mount a presidential run of her own. There is no reason to believe that she would be any likelier to do better with another first generation Indian American in the mix, and one who lacked her firm ties to Donald Trump. Indeed, on Covid 19-related policy decisions Ramaswamy the senate candidate sounded much more like Ron DeSantis than Donald Trump. There is no reason to assume differently of a Ramaswamy presidential campaign in 2024.

Barron Trump, towards the end of the book, offers this speculative list of U.S. presidents, diverging from our timeline due to his changes to the 2024 election cycle.

Donald J. Trump (Republican) 2017-2021
Joseph R. Biden (Democratic) 2021-2025
Donald J. Trump (Republican) 2025-2029
Andrew G. Beshear (Democratic) 2029-2037
J. D. Vance (Republican) 2037-2045
Joseph D. Neguse (Democratic) 2045-2053
Barron W. Trump (Republican) 2053-2061

One is easily amused by the author's assumption that he could be a viable presidential candidate, like father like son. Still, the core problem here is that he assumes that the country's disdain for Joe Biden would translate to support for his father's reelection when he establishes a series of circumstances which are more favorable to the reelection of the former vice president and senator from Delaware. While one can understand his reasoning, the younger Trump severely underestimates just how unpopular his father really was, even as subsequent appraisals have been less hostile. One supposes that it is for similar reasons that Barron Trump hardly notes the Florida governor who would go on to succeed Biden historically.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 10.50.03 AM.png

Vi är bäst!

Prime Ministers of Sweden
2022-2026:
Ulf Kristersson (Moderate) (Tidö coalition)
defeated Magdalena Andersson (Social Democrats), Jimmie Åkesson (Sweden Democrats), Nooshi Dadgostar (Left), Annie Lööf (Centre), Ebba Busch (Christian Democrats), Märta Stenevi/Per Bolund (Green), others
2026-2028: Magdalena Andersson (Social Democrats)* (Red-Greens coalition, then minority)

defeated Ulf Kristersson (Moderate), Jimmie Åkesson (Sweden Democrats), Nooshi Dadgostar (Left), Muharrem Demirok (Centre), Märta Stenevi/Daniel Helldén (Green), others
Results of the 1st North Sea War
Great Britain, Norway, Sweden defeat Russia, Latvia, regional rebel groups
- PETROCOM agreement signatories claim majority oil basin reserves
- Relations between Russia and Western Europe worsen

- Divided Russian naval power lead to eventual Ukrainian military victories in Crimea
- Resignation of Prime Minister Andersson over Orrön Energy Investment Scandal

2028-2028: Fredrik Olovsson (Social Democrats) (minority)
(replacing Andersson)
2028-2036: Mattias Karlsson (Sweden Democrats, then Sverige Först!) (Inhemsk coalition)
defeated Fredrik Olovsson (Social Democrats), Gunnar Strömmer (Moderate), Nooshi Dadgostar (Left), Martin Ådahl (Centre), others
Results of the Fall of the House of Saud
Regional rebel groups defeat Loyalist forces
- Economic recession following crude oil speculation
- Fayyadh bin Hamed Al-Ruwaili recognised as de-facto Saudi Head of State by the United Nations
- Seizure of the Suez Canal
- Relations between Russia and Western Europe worsen

defeated Tobias Baudin (Social Democrats), Gunnar Strömmer (Moderate), Ali Esbati/Daniel Helldén (Alliance '34), Martin Ådahl (För Oss Alla), others
Results of the 1st Water Wars
Inconclusive / stalemate
- Possession of Upper Rhine Plain groundwater maintained by Germany, weakening of European Union relations
- Zagros Mountain and Shatt al-Arab claimed by Iraq, skirmishes with Türkiye continue following Kurdish Spring
- Russia expands PMC presence in North Africa, China furthers Belt and Road Initiative

- United States of America largely withdraws from further acts of foreign intervention
2036-20??: Greta Thunberg (Left) (Klimatnöd coalition)
defeated Mattias Karlsson (Sverige Först!), Tobias Baudin (Social Democrats), Douglas Thor (Moderate), Emil Källström (För Oss Alla), Aida Badeli/Linus Lakso (Green), Jakob Forssmed (Christian Democrats), others
Results of the "Paludan Putsch"
Swedish Armed Forces defeat Nordic Resistance Movement, Swedish Armed Forces (rebel contingent)
- Rasmus Paludan, Emil Hagberg, Fredrik Vejdeland, Per Öberg and other ringleaders arrested and convicted
- Evidence of Russian state funding of pro-Putsch cells discovered
- Deterioration of relations between Russia and Western Europe

Results of 2nd Water Wars
Inconclusive / pyrrhic
- Saad Hussain Rizvi and Aditya Thackeray killed by bombardment
- Radioactive fallout contaminates 83% of freshwater sources in the Hindu Kush Himalaya basin, leading to the Red Famine (2038-present)

- Deterioration of relations between Russia and Western Europe, beginning of the Russian Rising (2039-present)
- Assembly of the Global Climate Regulatory Council

Conveners of the Global Climate Regulatory Council
2039-20//: Greta Thunberg (Swd.)
[nominated by acclimation]
with Sáj Starcevich (Cnd.), Naomi Flores (Mex.), Txai Suruí (Brz.), Nicole Becker (Arg.), Tasmin Omond (GB.), Saoirse Exton (Irl.), Camille Etienne (Frc.), Luisa Neubauer (Grm.), Olivia Mandle (Spn.), Liv Müller Smith-Sivertsen (Nwy.), Ilyess El Korbi (Ukr.), Arshak Makichyan (Rus.), Licypriya Kangujam (Ind.), Ou Hongyi (Chi.), Elizabeth Wathuti (Kny.), Nkosilathi Nyathi (Zmb.), Yuka Natori (Jpn.), Claudia Hannigan (Aus.), Taitoa Wihone (NZ.), others
You imperialists are all the same to me, I don't care. Y'know if you'd just left us alone to do our own thing, we'd have done the same, right? But no, you and your WEF masters insisted on forcing your woke ideologies and climate regulation on our people! We're just defending our homeland!

• 'Defending your homeland', eh? The Republic of Türkiye seems a bit far from America to defend, what, bum-fuck Arizona?

They are part of the international alliance against Greta's agenda, we're deployed here to fight against fascists like you!

• I was born in Poughkeepsie --

Traitor!--

• -- and that's just what we're trying to understand, pal. Far as we know, the latest batch of Yankee excursions into Kurdistan collapsed outside Raqqa weeks ago, poor LARPers couldn't even push through Bab al-Hawa. And yet here you are! Squatting in Reyhanlı tenement houses awaiting orders. So what do you know that we don't? Help us out, big guy.

I am deployed here to do my patriotic duty, traitor. Any real American would do the same. I am not afraid of you and your gender-traitor brainwashing!

• Things could get very difficult for you if you keep hamming up this red-white-and-blue act, guy. We all know there's more to you than blind patriotism. I know there's a part of you right now that's worried this was a mistake. Your President isn't watching here, just tell us--

I'm not telling you shit! America and it's allies against the globalist cabal reject your fake climate change new world order bulls--

[Detective stands up, puts both hands on table]

• Was that bus full of 3rd graders part of the 'globalist cabal' too?! Huh?! You protecting your homeland put kids in the ground, you fucking god damn yank!

• *scoffs* there is no such thing as innocents during war. You should know that by now. I saved my country the hassle of a few more Greenie foot soldiers--

[Detective begins assaulting prisoner, security enters and removes participants from room. Interrogation ceased at 10:19pm, UTC.]
- extract from interrogation of Liam Gaines-Markle, American climate terrorist for the Oklahoma Riders Mercenary Company, 11/2/20██.

Last edited:
The War to End All Wars

1943-1949: Henry A. Wallace (Democratic - later New Deal)
(With James Forrestal)
1944 Def: Douglas MacArthur (Republican)
1949-1953: Robert A. Taft (Republican)
(With Hanford MacNider)
1948 Def: Henry Wallace (New Deal) Harry Byrd (Anti-Communist)
1953-1961: Eleanor Roosevelt (New Deal)
(With Mike Monroney)
1952 Def: Hanford MacNider (Republican) Benjamin Laney (Anti-Communist)
(With Mike Monroney) 1956 Def: Thomas Kuchel (Republican) Herman Talmadge (Anti-Communist)

1961-1969: Clare Boothe Luce (Republican)
(With Robert Nisbet)
1960 Def: Claude Pepper (New Deal)
(With Robert Nisbet) 1964 Def: Wallace Stegner (New Deal)

1969-1974: Gore Vidal (New Deal)
(With Wilbur Mills)
Def: Robert Nisbet (Republican)
(With Wilbur Mills) Def: William Buckley Jr (Republican)

1974-1977: Wilbur Mills (New Deal)
1977-1985: Frank Herbert (Republican)
(With Silvio Conte)
Def: Frank Church (New Deal) Roger MacBride (Reform)
(With Silvio Conte) Def: Sargent Shriver (New Deal) Sherry Huber (Reform)

1985-1993: Tom Laughlin (Reform)
(With Lee Dreyfus)
Def: Mark Hatfield (Republican) Sam Church (New Deal)
(With Lee Dreyfus) Def: Coleman Young (New Deal) Frank Rizzo (Republican)

1993-2001: Wendell Berry (New Deal)
(With Howard Wolpe)
Def: Lee Dreyfus (Reform) Ross Perot (Republican)
(With Howard Wolpe) Def: Pete Du Pont (Republican) Dick Lamm (Reform)

2001-2005: Howard Wolpe (New Deal)
(With Ron Dellums)
Def: Ben Nighthorse Campbell (Reformed Republican)
2005-2013: Bill Blythe (Reformed Republican)
(With Buddy Cianci)
Def: Howard Wolpe (New Deal)
(With Judith Sheindlin) Def: Bill Kauffman (New Deal)

2013-2017: Harvey Milk (Reformed Republican)
(With Nick Saban)
Def: John Boyd (New Deal)
2017-2025: Rapheal Warnock (New Deal)
(With Julie Sandsted)
Def: Harvey Milk (Reformed Republican)
(With Julie Sandsted) Def: Nick Saban (Reformed Republican)

2025- : Jane Kleeb (New Deal)
(With Shawn Fain)
Def: J.D Vance (Reformed Republican)

All say extinction is one of the worst things to happen. After all, what has extinction brought humanity? Millions of lost animals, languages, cultures, and knowledge that will never be revived. Only pictures now exist of extinct animals, and we can only admire the extinct languages of old. However, there is one thing that has gone extinct in the past eighty years that humanity won't consider a tragedy.

War.

To understand the extinction of war, World War I was considered at the time to be the "war to end all wars." A terrible mistake in hindsight, World War I only led to more bloodshed. However, its predecessor would in fact the war to end all wars. With World War II being the most destructive war in human history, ending in Nuremberg and Osaka being consumed by nuclear fire the world leaders at the time vowed to never let the world come so close to Armageddon. At the end of the day, a new generation of leaders took the reins, and the old order of war, imperialism, and nationalism was cast away.

First, the League of Nations was replaced with the much stronger United Nations, with Paul-Henri Spaak being made Secretary-General. Furthermore, in Great Britain Clement Attlee came to power in a landslide over Winston Churchill and in Germany Joseph Wirth was appointed Chancellor by the Allies, and Stalin would find himself collapsed on the floor of his bedroom from a stroke. With Lavrentiy Beria in power, the USSR and US would come together in Oslo to announce complete nuclear disarmament.

Despite Wallace's defeat in 1948, Wallace's legacy would endure the test of time. Following the next couple of years, the United States would essentially force decolonization. With presidents Taft and Roosevelt refusing to fund colonialist wars in Indochina and Egypt, Britain and France decided to compromise. With Indochina being granted independence along with most other colonies during the 1950s. Furthermore, the non-alignment of Italy, Japan, Yugoslavia, Germany, and Austria created a de facto buffer between the Soviets and the US. Were there tragedies? Of course. Vidal was gunned down in San Francisco and Nahum Goldmann became a martyr for peace and diplomacy. Did these tragedies define the world? Not in the slightest. Instead of fear, these tragedies served as a reminder to push for peace and follow the legacy of the peacemakers instead of warmongers.

As time went on diplomacy won out over war. Sure, there were wars in Lebanon, Algeria, and Poland. However, as time went on the forces of oppression were weakened further. In South Africa, the United Party implemented racial equality in 1966 and the Soviet Union come 1980 would collapse from economic pressure. In the Middle East, the nations of Syria, Jordan, and Egypt brokered peace with Israel. Securing the establishment of a democratic Palestinian state.

On the domestic front, civil rights were achieved at a rapid rate. In 1984, sodomy laws were struck down as unconstitutional and in 1999 gay marriage was legalized by the Supreme Court. Furthermore, the rights of transgender individuals were enshrined with the Civil Rights Act of 2004.

By the end of the 1990s, the world was more peaceful than ever. Diplomacy, not the sword was the preferred way of solving conflicts and with the world being more connected than ever, it looked as if war was endangered. Furthermore, the rapid response to environmental decline also went a long way in preventing conflict. With a new generation of leaders such as Chico Mendes, Wendell Berry, and Sergey Zalygin leading the drive for a more sustainable world. Pledging to cut global emissions to zero by 2020. In spite of setbacks, 60% of global emissions were cut by 2020 and on the eightieth anniversary of the end of WWII emissions are down to 67% of what they were in 1990.

Of course, that pales in comparison to one simple statistic.

Five years.

That's how long it had been since war went extinct. With the end of the Ethiopian Civil War, the world has been at peace. To the joy of billions, past, present, and future war had gone extinct. There may be a lot of work to do, after all there are around twenty dictatorships in the world. However, in Europe, the Americas, and Oceania dictatorships are as existent as war. The 2020s remain the greatest hope for humanity since the end of WWII. With the Greatest Generation fading away, their stories are passed down to Generation Dawn to show the futility of war and the greatness of peace. Serving as both the greatest lesson on what humanity can accomplish and the greatest warning to never let the old way of bloodshed return.

Last edited:
The Revolution Will Be Live Streamed

2021-2029 Joe Biden/Kamala Harris (Democratic)

2020 def: Donald Trump/Mike Pence-Republican
2024 def: Sarah Huckabee Sanders (replacing Donald Trump)/Kristi Noem-Republican

2029-2037 Steven Kenneth Bonnell II/Jon Ossoff (Democratic)
2029 def: Nick Fuentes (replacing Marjorie Taylor Greene)/Kari Lake-Republican,Chris Sununu/Chris Christie-Third Way
2032: Charlie Baker/Mitt Romney-Third Way,Hasan Piker/Ethan Klein-People’s Party,Jackson Hinkle/Paul Gosar-Republican-HUNG COLLEGE
2033 Contingent Presidential Election:
Steven Kenneth Bonnell II-Democratic [28],Charlie Baker-Third Way [19],Jackson Hinkle-Republican [3],Hasan Piker-People’s Party [3]

2037-2045 Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez/Ian Kochinski (Democratic)
2036 def: Gavin Newsom/Brian Kemp-Third Way,Hasan Piker/Sarah Sarandon-People’s Party,Donald Trump Jr/June Nicole Lapine-Republican,write-in
2040 def: Tagg Romney/Kyrsten Sinema-Third Way,Cody Johnston/Katy Stoll-People’s Party,Hasan Piker/Kurt Metzger-Real Revolutionary People’s Party,Donald Trump/Jesus Christ-Republican,write-in

2045-20xx Johnathan Schlatt/Quentin Wathum-Ocama (Democratic)

Excerpt from Memories From The Early 21st Century by Clara Sorrenti,2053:

” The so called Twitch Revolution didn’t happen in a void,despite what people at the time wanted to believe. Like Trump and Biden‘s victories,it was the result of pre existing conditions that pundits and journalists ignored because that shit bored them. They wanted a simple story to turn into content and clicks for cash. They never cared about stability or democracy in a real way. Trump made them relevant and profitable again and thus promoted outrage and mad men to sell their shit. They‘re addicted to the chaos that makes them stay relevant. Like everything back then,news became just an excuse for content.

Fine. They wanted content? They’re gonna get it. All from someone who knew how to play their game.

As far as I’m concerned,Steve never really wanted to be President. At least,not for the same reasons anyone usually does. Hell,he initially didn’t even wanted to win. He viewed as just another opportunity for more publicity,to create more content like everyone else kept doing. It was no longer something he did out of pleasure or even fame and wealth. It was something he couldn’t stop doing even he wanted to. The social media platforms had turned billions into addicts-even more so when COVID happened and fucked up everyone’s lives. They wanted more and more and they couldn’t stop. People like Steve were forced to keep making content so that their followers didn’t die of withdrawal (metaphorically,the only people I know who actually died of internet withdrawal never touched grass).

And what bigger platform for content than the Presidential primaries?

It’s hard to say why he’d won the nomination. Maybe it was years of practice as a debate club nerd online. Maybe it was the many people who grew up watching him stream. Or maybe people had enough of an old order once again and wanted entertainment. Pick whatever reason you want cuz hell if I know anymore what the right answer was. What was important that Steve started winning state after state,like a more marketable Bernie for the establishment,a sellout in the eyes of the True Believers.

Frankly that was complete bullshit. Let me assure,the party heads did NOT want Steve as their nominee. They only accepted him begrudgingly because they didn’t want a hung convention and he had near most of the votes needed so fuck it. Better him than letting MTG or that goddamn actual NeoNazi win. Greene and Fuentes in fact were the main reasons why Steve remained in the race. Horrified at the possibility of them even obtaining executive power,he genuinely believed at that point he’s the only one who could save democracy.

Was that a megalomanical thing to believe? Yes,oh God yes,he has such an ego. But was he wrong?

After all,normal people don’t want to become President. You don’t usually enter the race without being highly motivated,believing you should be President. No,that kind of person looks in the mirror and says to themselves “I should be in charge. I should lead the nation. I should make history.” The Presidency is for maniacs,weirdos,backstabbing rats-the complete opposite of normal.

Besides,so called “normal” times were by 2027 a distant memory,barely remembered and at best just us lying to ourselves. Someone like Steve becoming President was inevitable.

And I felt sorry for him. The American Presidency isn’t a gift,it’s a curse. It ruins you physically and mentally,drawing all your energy bit by bit til you’re nothing but a husk of the being you once were when your career ends. Everyone demands everything from you,not realizing you don’t want God like powers. Congress will be your stone to roll once the midterms are ended and the electorate punish you by voting for the opposite party for “checks and balances” crap.

And you’ll never feel whole again.

Many thought he was the beginning of the horrible Twitch Revolution,when every goddamn streamer with enough popularity decided to grow their hat in the ring and “change“ America.

I wasn’t one of those people. Not because of the obvious reasons you’d might be thinking. The Twitch Generation was just the logical evolution of the politicians birthed by 24 hour news channels,talk shows,talk radio and reality shows. The American electorate had already become addicted to partisan politics and never ending fights,everything being usually decided by how entertained they were.

All they did was change their drug dealers.”

The Sword of Damocles

Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom

2022-2024: Rishi Sunak (Conservative)
2024-2028: Keir Starmer (Labour)
def 2024 (Majority): Rishi Sunak (Conservative), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats), Humza Youzaf (SNP), Carla Denyer & Adrian Ramsey (Green)
2028-2030: Keir Starmer (Labour and Liberal Democrat Coalition)[1]
def 2028: (Minority, Liberal Democrat Coalition), Kemi Badenoch (Conservative), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats), Kate Forbes (SNP), Carla Denyer & Adrian Ramsey (Green)
2029 STV Referendum: 56% Yes 44% No

2030-2037: Rachel Reeves (Labour and Liberal Democrat Coalition)
def 2032: (Minority, Liberal Democrat Coalition), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats), Tom Tugendhat (Moderate), Suella Braverman (Conservative-Reform Alliance), Jamie Hepburn (SNP)
2037-2042: Layla Moran (Liberal Democrat and Moderate Coalition)
def 2037: (Minority, Moderate Coalition), Rachel Reeves (Labour), Tom Tugendhat (Moderate), Thomas Pursglove (Conservative), Mhairi Black (SNP)
2042-2044: Thomas Pursglove (Conservative)[2]
def 2042: (Minority dep. on DUP), Wes Streeting (Labour), Layla Moran (Liberal Democrats), Sara Britcliffe (Moderate), Raphael Hill & Ria Patel (Green)
2044: Andrew Bowie (Conservative) [3]
2044-2050: Eda Cazimoglu (Labour and Green Coalition)
def 2044: (Minority, Green Coalition), Layla Moran (Liberal Democrats), Sara Britcliffe (Moderate), Andrew Bowie (Conservative), Raphael Hill & Ria Patel (Green)
def 2048: (Minority, Green Coalition), Kai Pischke (Liberal Democrats), Raphael Hill & Ria Patel (Green), Sara Britcliffe (Moderate), Francis Marsh (Asteroid Threat Action Group)

2050-????: Eda Cazimoglu (Labour leading National Emergency Government)

[1] Resigned due to ill health.
[2] Resigned following vote of no confidence.
[3] Requested Dissolution after failed King’s Speech.

The discovery of the asteroid 640287 Baal in the Spring of 2027 elicited little media response initially. Even as the months passed and the orbital path became clearer, those journalists assigned the ‘science’ section saw little reason for excitement. They remembered or had heard of Apophis and how little had come of that story. It wasn’t until the next year, when Baal’s impact risk was raised to an unprecedented 5 on the Torino Scale (close encounter with potential for regional devastation), that the story truly made headlines. Just days before the first leaders debate of the UK General Election.

Though already briefed on Baal’s increasing impact probability (and the calculated ‘path of risk’ passing across England), Keir Starmer found himself wrong-footed by questions on the asteroid and fumbled his answers. The attempt to downplay it as a ‘possible regional threat’, was poorly judged. The Conservatives smelled blood in the water and used Labour’s ‘asteroid apathy’ as a line of attack. This wasn’t enough to win them the election, but it did force Starmer to strike a deal with the Liberal Democrats in the aftermath.

The Lab-Lib coalition began with promises of investment in STEM industries, development of emergency contingencies and ambitions of international cooperation with other at-risk nations. Fairly soon the needs of the long-term gave way to short-term political goals (economy, civil rights, voting reform, etc.) and while not fully abandoned, contingency planning was consistently underfunded in the following years.

In other regards, the coalition would be deemed a successful period of government for the UK and for both the parties involved. The Lib Dems achieved their long-held goal of proportional representation and while Labour suffered from the splintering of its left-wing, this was more than compensated electorally by the far more dramatic split amongst the Conservatives.

In 2033, Baal was raised to an 8 on the Torino scale and a collision was deemed certain on its 2052 approach. Reeves found herself held to account for her predecessor’s promises and (despite a genuine attempt to make up the difference) was found wanting at the next election.

The first Lib-Dem lead government, aside from overseeing a strong economic period, proved to be a peak for engagement and investment in dealing with the threat of Baal. It is generally accepted that having a PM with an actual scientific background was crucial. Under Moran’s premiership, Britain was to be at the heart of international space efforts, not only in regards to early warning systems and deflection strategies but also restrengthening ties with Europe through exploration projects with ESA and contributing heavily to the development of Artemis Moon Base and the multinational manned Mars mission.

A sudden backlash of fiscal frustration and baseless scepticism in the early 2040s produced the brief Pursglove ministry. Contingency planning and defence funding were slashed to allow for tax cuts and masked with posturing of ‘weathering the storm’. The public quickly turned against this line of thinking but those years would still come to be seen as valuable time lost.

The Labour-Green Coalition were reluctant to return to Moran levels of contingency investment but 2050 and the ultimate failure of the ‘Aegis’ deflection mission proved an inflection point. The stark reality was confronted that Baal would impact. Two years out it was not yet possible to predict the exact point of impact, but Britain could not ‘wait and see’ at this point. The worst case scenario had to be assumed. A week of tense negotiation produced the National Emergency Government, committed to seeing the various contingency plans of the last 20 years integrated, streamlined and fully implemented without delay or debate.

It is now 2052 and Baal shines brighter than Venus in the night sky, only weeks away from intersecting with Earth. Final calculations have confirmed it will impact somewhere in the vicinity of the British Isles. Large swathes of the country are being evacuated to shelters and temporary settlements deemed outside immediate danger. The new flood barriers have been raised against a potential impact tsunami. State and government apparatus has already been relocated to Scotland, the Royal Family ensconced in Balmoral.

The UK holds its breath. The world watches to see what future waits on the other side of the impact.

Last edited:
To master the art of list-writing, one must employ all 36 stratagems! Apart from the retreat one. And all the other ones that don't really work in this context.

The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the last day of the month. (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally post it in Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State rather than another thread, I think that's a good enough criterion. Writeups are preferred, please don't post a blank list, and I'd also appreciate it if you titled your list for polling purposes. Once the deadline hits, we will open up a multiple choice poll, cocurrent with the new challenge going up, and whoever receives the most votes after a week gets the entirely immaterial prize.

January is a month of promise. It starts the Christian year, ushers in new possibilities for us all, new ways of seeing the world. Even if we spend the rest of the year in the same old self-doubting rut, the promise of the new year lets us spend a few weeks believing that we can really change our lives for the better, or at the very least, that we can change them. The theme of the next challenge reflects this; it's The Future. Plenty of lists have been set there, a wondrous world where Party Youth Wing leader is a job with actual career prospects, and plenty of lists have also reflected the vanished futures of the past, the far off space-years of 2003. Either way, there's material.

Good luck!

Can I submit a list based on a list I've written elsewhere? but tidied up and now with footnotes?

The Future is Now Old, Man

2017-2021: Donald Trump (Republican)
2016: Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican) def. Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine (Democratic)
2021-2029: Bernie Sanders (Democratic)
2020: Bernie Sanders/Tammy Duckworth (Democratic) def. Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican)
2024: Bernie Sanders/Tammy Duckworth (Democratic) def. Ron DeSantis/Kristi Noem (Republican)
since 2029: Mandela Barnes (Democratic)
2028: Mandela Barnes/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (Democratic) def. Jon Husted/Ivanka Trump (Republican)
2032: Mandela Barnes/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (Democratic) def. Andrew Yang/Knute Buehler (Modern), Josh Hawley/Guy Reschenthaler (National)

EamVhy8UMAA_egF.png

Holy fuck we won Nevada we're actually gonna do this thing. I really thought it was over but this is exactly the comeback we needed! This is clear proof that Bernie has successfully expanded the coalition and can win with Hispanic voters! California and Texas on Super Tuesday, if Warren drops out we can get Massachusetts, then win Michigan again like 2016 and take the lead from there and it's off to the races. The movement is for real, Trump is so cooked. Flip back the blue wall states from last time and maybe pick up Arizona if things go right. Downballot, coattails could deliver a couple of Senate seats, Colorado is guaranteed to flip, McSally surely loses again, and maybe we get Jeff Jackson in North Carolina or even Steve Bullock in Montana, if he runs. Bernie will able to pass basic legislation that even moderate Democrats agree with, probably get to replace RBG and Breyer, and do plenty of other stuff from executive order. Student loan forgiveness and Afghanistan withdrawal definitely in the cards. Maybe this country really can change for the better. The future is now Old Man.

Last edited:
Back