• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Greatest Sports AH You've Never Heard Of

On the subject of pop culture AH in general, there already is a mainstream movie about it that, even if not the most successful, everyone still knows about.

It's That Thing You Do, which checks every bit of the boxes for music/entertainment that The Natural has done for sports: Explicitly takes place in the past compared to the filming date, and explicitly has something happen that didn't in real life.

Of course, no one lumped That Thing You Do in with Fatherland/High Castle type AH, which is both understandable and shows that all but the most obvious and large societal divergences aren't considered "Alternate History" by non-enthusiasts, just historical fiction.

This is good genre analysis but I was hoping you'd go into an ATLF scenario here, imagining what the Knights' victory would have led to! Looking at the theoretical implications of this kind of unintentional AH is a whole fun sub-hobby.

This is good genre analysis but I was hoping you'd go into an ATLF scenario here, imagining what the Knights' victory would have led to! Looking at the theoretical implications of this kind of unintentional AH is a whole fun sub-hobby.

The editor in me suggests if someone hasn't written the article you want, there is always the option of writing it yourself. And submitting it.

Reactions: OHC
Back