• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Alternate Lavender Isle. Guest: Ryan Fleming.

Surprised (and frustrated) that Back in the USSA hasn't been reprinted when so much else of Newman's bibliography has been! It's not like it has a confusing or obscure hook, "what if the US was the USSR"

Surprised (and frustrated) that Back in the USSA hasn't been reprinted when so much else of Newman's bibliography has been! It's not like it has a confusing or obscure hook, "what if the US was the USSR"
Last time this came up I joked that @Meadow should look into getting the rights for an SLP reprint to raise our cachet.

The Dark Tower is a great left-field example. Lots of AH ideas in there. In fact I could use that one as a subject for my articles about "AH ideas in outwardly non-AH works". And I love the choice of luxury item!

"But Papa, what is the USSR?"
Last time this came up I joked that @Meadow should look into getting the rights for an SLP reprint to raise our cachet.
And risk the price of my first edition going down?

Seriously, would love to see it!
The Dark Tower is a great left-field example. Lots of AH ideas in there. In fact I could use that one as a subject for my articles about "AH ideas in outwardly non-AH works".
I think it becomes more apparent in subsequent works starting with the first sequel and reaching a crescendo with Father Callahan's timeline hopping vagrancy in the fifth, but it's clear right from the start Roland's world is neither our past nor our future, but somewhere different yet with many familiar things.

Back