• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Talwar McBoatface

Talwar

Well-Known Sword
Why, yes, I sketch ahistorical warships as a side-hobby. It's part of my involvement in a couple of AH naval sims/games/RPs I've participated in for the past eighteen years.

Yes, Shipbucket would provide more refined and elegant products, but I just like kludging about in Paint.

The current project is the Vilnius Union, which is kind of a Polish-Lithuanian Union on heaps of steroids. Geographically it now spans the entire Baltic coast, as well as most of Germany, Czechia, Slovakia, the Netherlands and parts of Belarus and Ukraine. Working out a semi-plausible history for this geographical assignment was quite the challenge, I tell you.

Anyway, it's "now" 1920 and the Union has also gotten involved in overseas colonialism, so its navy has been expanding of late. I've been attempting to show some historical German design elements but am not always successful and will inevitably wander down a different path without OTL post-1918 German ships to compare with.

Let's start with a look at some of the Union's armored cruisers and cruisers of the line. From top to bottom:

-Dragon as built (1892) and as modified to serve as naval aviation testbed (1917): 4x200mm guns
-Lucznik (1908): 8x250mm guns
-Szermierz (1916): 9x350mm guns
-Czarownik (1919): 8x400mm guns

If anybody finds this interesting, I'll occasionally post other drawings from the Vilnius Union, Republic of Gran Colombia, and Mughal Empire.

armored cruisers.png

Back