• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review: Parting Shot By James Kunetka

Ok, finished and reviewed it. Wasn't the most impressed, and agree with most of the literary criticisms in the review. I'll add that while a gun-type design is substantially easier to build, it requires a lot of enriched uranium, which may not have been possible and certainly wouldn't have been able for the Germans to keep secret.

Ok, finished and reviewed it. Wasn't the most impressed, and agree with most of the literary criticisms in the review. I'll add that while a gun-type design is substantially easier to build, it requires a lot of enriched uranium, which may not have been possible and certainly wouldn't have been able for the Germans to keep secret.

I was curious to read your thoughts on it when I saw over in the Book Bistro that you had been reading it. I think you're a tad harsh on it, especially the structure of it, though I'll concede that others (such as the authors I named in my own review) have done it better. And we can both agree that it is the most plausible Nazi atomic bomb AH out there and a novel that should have been better than it is. How much improvement it needs seems to be where we differ. ;)

Back