• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review: Do You Dream Of Terra-Two? By Temi Oh

What is more referenced, if sporadically, are social changes, such as a Christian group called the New Creationists, who view Terra-Two as nothing less than a second Garden of Eden.
Is C.S. Lewis around in TTL? He played that concept entirely straight in Perelandra, though with Venus rather than an alternate Earth. Second Eden, second Adam and Eve, second Satanic attempt at temptation (foiled this time), the works.

This feels like a borderline between AH and speculative fiction in general. I do not mean this in a negative way, nor am I arguing that it's inappropriate for the front page (I've submitted reviews/reports on a ton of borderline AH stuff myself-it's a big tent and should be).

Is C.S. Lewis around in TTL? He played that concept entirely straight in Perelandra, though with Venus rather than an alternate Earth. Second Eden, second Adam and Eve, second Satanic attempt at temptation (foiled this time), the works.

He's not mentioned, but that doesn't mean anything. The New Creationists are seen as a sort of fringe group, if a slightly influential one, though one of the Betas ends up reading a lot of their stuff simply because there's not much else to do during the mission and sort of buying into some of their beliefs.

This feels like a borderline between AH and speculative fiction in general. I do not mean this in a negative way, nor am I arguing that it's inappropriate for the front page (I've submitted reviews/reports on a ton of borderline AH stuff myself-it's a big tent and should be).

I kinda thought that myself. I can't remember quite how I stumbled across it, but I found an NPR review from 2019 that described it as an AH and thought "This sounds like its in my (admittedly large) wheelhouse." Reading the novel and keeping my traditional note of things for a future review, and noticing how much of an AH and yet not an AH that it was, ended up changing the direction of the piece somewhat.

Back