• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Perse's Graphics and Gubbinz

Which frontispiece should I use?

• Version 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Force Publique Recruitment Poster
  • I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself for how this one turned out.

Congo.jpg

Recruitment poster for the Force Publique, the gendarmerie of the Kingdom of Belgium-in-exile. Roughly-translated, the text (from top-right to the bottom) reads: "LONG LIVE THE KING", "SERVE THE KING, PROVE YOUR WORTH, FEED YOUR FAMILY, EARN YOUR CITIZENSHIP", and "FORCE PUBLIQUE".

Of Poets and Supermen Frontispiece
  • Here are three variants of a frontispiece for (what I hope to be) Volume I of my timeline on the other place (and eventually here), Of Poets and Supermen. It's based off of this Spanish Civil War poster. I can't really decide which version I want to use, so feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 1.jpg

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 2.jpg

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 3.jpg
    The death of a seemingly unimportant Georgian revolutionary and the triumph of the Bolsheviks at the 5th Congress in 1907 leads to repercussions that drastically change the course of the 20th Century. The horrors of the Great War are not repeated, but new conflicts shall arise that will make the international community wonder if peace in their time was ever an option.

Knights of the South
  • knights of the south.png
    The Knights of the South are an American hate group and terrorist organization primarily based in the American South, though there have been allegations by government officials that they are clandestinely supported by foreign organizations and rogue governments. Claiming to represent the true interests of Southerners, the Knights are virulently anti-American in nature, with members reportedly referring to the South as the "Confederate States". Furthermore, when said members manage to be taken alive by Federal officials, they refuse to comply during interrogations, only stating their rank and "commando unit" and referring to themselves as "Sovereign Citizens", showcasing their steadfast belief in the "Lost Cause" myth of Confederate defeat. Based off of official communiques sent prior to and after their attacks, as well as reports by the Pinkerton Investigation Agency, Federal investigators have determined that the Knights claim descent from the historical Southern nationalist and anti-American groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and the Black Legion, with the stated goal of reestablishing Southern independence through violent means.

While the numbers of the Knights of the South are currently unknown, further investigation has revealed that they were formed from the merger of a number of Southern nationalist and anti-American groups, including the Tejano Liberation Front, the Friends of Free Cuba, and the Children of the Confederacy. This would seemingly explain the rather diverse ethnic makeup of the group, which contains white Southerners as well as a number of Tejanos, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans of Confederate descent. With the exception of their Hispanic members, who are considered equals thanks to their Confederate descent and perceived racial purity, the Knights are primarily Protestant. Despite this, they aren't particularly anti-Catholic in nature, with their hatred primarily reserved for African-Americans, Federal officials, Biracial individuals (who they derogatorily refer to as "Miscegenists"), and Southerners who refuse to take up arms against the Federal government.

During the ongoing Dixie Autumn, which began in 1970 with the Rawweather Incident, the Knights have committed a number of high-profile terrorist incidents, including:
    • The 1970 assassination of Christian Rawweather, Head of the Truth and Reconciliation Agency (TRA), along with his chauffeur and Federal bodyguards, by the "Black Knight Commando". Rawweather was killed for his harsh measures against Southern businesses who refused to pay Black employees their full wages.
    • The 1972 kidnapping and murder of Perley A. Thomas Jr., head of the Perley A. Thomas Car Works, and his family by the "Grey Ghost Commando". The family was targeted merely because the Car Works "collaborated" with the Federal government by providing TRA officials with cars for transportation.
    • The 1974 failed kidnapping-turned-murder of George Ponto, director of the Richmond Federal Bank by the "War Horse Commando".
    • The 1975 American Embassy Massacre in Havana, Cuba by the "Stonewall Commando", an attempted siege undertaken in order to force the release of several imprisoned and captured Knights of the South members.
    • The 1977 assassination of newly-appointed Federal Governor Jesse Jackson and the crippling of Lieutenant Governor Walter Fauntroy by the "Forrest Commando", the first of a series of violent and increasingly-brutal attacks against African-Americans in the American South continuing until 1980.
    • The 1981 assassination of Secretary of State Alexander Haig and his bodyguards by the "Marse Lee Commando", done in response to the promise of increased crackdown against Southern terrorism by incumbent-President Jimmy Carter, who they decried as a race traitor and arch-collaborator.

1st Council of People's Commissars of the Russian Soviet Federative Republic
  • I'm very proud of how this one turned out, to be honest. Poster showing the 1st Council of People's Commissars, featuring everyone's favorite Armeno-Georgian, С. ТП. Камо (Simon Ter-Petrosian - Kamo) as People's Commissar of Nationalities.

council of people's commissars.jpg
    С. А. stands for "Simon Arshaki" (Arshaki being Kamo's middle name).

Emanuele Filiberto Negrini Art
  • An amazing piece of character art/refsheet of one of the main viewpoint characters of OPAS, Emanuele Filiberto Negrini (formerly known as Lorenzo Secondari, but renamed for copyright reasons/so I don't get targeted by Bruce Sterling's Cyberpunk Lawyer Hit-Squad in the event I publish the timeline) done by my lovely friend survivorttype over on Twitter. Check him out if you're interested in getting any character art done for timelines, stories, or tabletop campaigns.

Emanuele Filiberto refsheet.png

Italian Civil War Wojak Political Compass
  • After two days of working on this absolutely batshit meme of a political compass...I'm proud to present the Italian Civil War Wojak Compass to you, all the fine folks on the SLP forums. Drink it in, for it is glorious.

k1plbi5.png

Gemitus Brittanorum - Miscellaneous covers
  • I did some very cool things for the very cool Sub-Roman succession game Gemitus Brittanorum on the other place, where my character ruled for a little under three years but ultimately changed history rather drastically by codifying the Mithraic Mysteries and creating a Mithraic Church that will (hopefully) grow into a complementary mirror version of Christianity.

the_testament_of_mithras.jpeg

the_torch_and_the_cross.jpeg

on_the_dominate.jpeg

the_last_roman.jpeg

a_history_of_roman_britain.jpeg

i,_claudius.jpeg

claudius_revisited.jpeg

Volkssturmbewegung/Deutschnationale Volkssturmbewegung Posters
  • 92BykCY.png
    POE2A9V.png

A pair of election posters for the Deutschnationale Volkssturmbewegung/Volkssturmbewegung in my timeline, Of Poets and Supermen. Based off of this Hashomer Hatzair poster from OTL, the text can be loosely translated as "Soldiers! Workers! Scholars! Forwards for Germany!".

Great Leap Forward Petrosianist Posters 2.0
  • Here's some more Soviet propaganda, this time focusing on the economic policies of the Petrosianist government.

View attachment 28553

A pair of posters promoting Premier Kamo's "Great Leap Forward", the continuation and overhaul of the New Economic Policy. The top poster features a man with Eurasian features, symbolizing the concept of the New Soviet Man, blowing a bugle as fellow citizens march in the background. Roughly translated, the text reads "Comrades! Join together in the Great Leap Forward!" The bottom poster features Lenin himself pointing towards the East. Roughly translated, the text reads "Kamo's Great Leap Forward will finish what Lenin's NEP began". The two posters are based off of this Chinese poster and this Soviet poster, respectively.

View attachment 28514
    Decided to redo these posters and apply a paper texture effect to give them a more faded and realistic look. Think it worked out pretty well, all things considered.

great leap forward 2.jpg

great leap forward.jpg

More Succession Game Memes/Discord Emoji Images
  • All I do is make memes and images for Discord emojis based off of succession games from the other place. This is my life now.

WEED EMPEROR.jpg
    Based Weed Emperor Meme for Inquisition's Sci-Fi Tsarist Russia Succession Game, K Zvezdam - To the Stars!

vestanus.jpg
    Vestanus Cossanicus Androgynus Discord Emoji image for True Whig's Roman Empire Succession Game, Despise Not Death.

kolkhoznik.png
    This Grinning Bureaucratic Viper Of A Premier meme for @Kerguelen's Soviet Russia Succession Game, Darkness at Noon.

"Is Paris Burning?" Super Events
  • In a rare return to form, I made these vaguely HOI IV-ish super events in two different styles for my timeline/magnum opus on the other place, Of Poets and Supermen. First time doing this sort of thing and the first time in a while I've had the motivation to make something for OPAS, but I think they turned out well.

Paris V1.png

Paris V2.png

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's not that bad."

"Vittoria Disperata" and "Vittoria Futurista" Super Events
  • My foray into making custom HOI IV-style Super Events continues, this time with a pair of super events depicting two possible aftermaths of the Arengo del Italia in the late 1950s-early 1960s following Commandant Keller's retirement/death.

Vittoria Disperata.png
    "The Black Brigades will steer the ship of state."

Vittoria Futurista.png
    "The Spirit of Evolan Futurism will guide Italy into the future."

Finally, I made an attempt at adding music and some appropriate sound effects to the first event, to really make it pop. It cuts off a bit abruptly at the end, but I think it conveys a decent sense of the mood.

Back