• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Lesser evils-Von Schleicher and Tukhachevsky get in charge

Yokai Man

In the scenarios of Hitler losing the game of backroom deals that wins the people who control Hindenburg and civil war occurs that Japhy did in Götterdämmerung and Stalin being killed succefully by Orlova Pavlova and Tukhachevshy becoming Secretary General,how do things change for Europe in the 20th century and how would their rule be exactly?

A thing coming up is that Von Schleicher was very, very, very unpopular, so if he can by hook and by crook save his job from Papen's scheming, he won't have it for much longer. So you'd need him to stay in juuuust long enough that someone who isn't Hitler is going to replace him, in order to not just delay Hitler a bit (though that in itself would have knock-on effects!) I'm not sure how he would, he'd need something like the Reichstag Fire but the Reichstag Fire, if it did happen, would have the Nazis yelling "look how sissy Von Schleicher can't protect you, VOTE US"

If he can hold on just long enough, I'd expect Germany to have various unstable coalition governments for a good while with the Nazis alternately as a very bellicose partner or out in the cold, which would make life very unpleasant for German Jews, communists, the disabled etc but would probably mean that Germany's not building up for a war of conquest. That'd go on until the Nazis implode or finally pull off a government they can run, but by then it might be too late to do the full WW2.

A thing coming up is that Von Schleicher was very, very, very unpopular, so if he can by hook and by crook save his job from Papen's scheming, he won't have it for much longer. So you'd need him to stay in juuuust long enough that someone who isn't Hitler is going to replace him, in order to not just delay Hitler a bit (though that in itself would have knock-on effects!) I'm not sure how he would, he'd need something like the Reichstag Fire but the Reichstag Fire, if it did happen, would have the Nazis yelling "look how sissy Von Schleicher can't protect you, VOTE US"

If he can hold on just long enough, I'd expect Germany to have various unstable coalition governments for a good while with the Nazis alternately as a very bellicose partner or out in the cold, which would make life very unpleasant for German Jews, communists, the disabled etc but would probably mean that Germany's not building up for a war of conquest. That'd go on until the Nazis implode or finally pull off a government they can run, but by then it might be too late to do the full WW2.
I was thinking more in the lines of ''civil war happens,nazis are defeated,Von Schleicher wins and tries to rebuild something and survive",but that is also something that could happen.

I wonder if the Spanish Civil war will go as OTL in this scenario.

Back