• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Interview: Sam McDonald

This rings very true to me:

Now, all that being said, I do feel a bit of pressure at times. I worry that everyone will have higher expectations of me because I am a critic. But reviewing a working of art, and making a work of art, are two very different skill sets.

As I've said countless times, I don't think being a critic has made me a better writer in the slightest. However, I do think being a writer has made me a better critic.

To echo something discussed in the interview: do feel audio drama is enjoying a bit of a mainstream boom at the moment, between Jordan Peele doing one with many familiar names and Spotify finally getting to slap "A SPOTIFY ORIGINAL" over another drama starring Julianne Moore and Oscar Isaac.

The series follows the only pair of privet investigators in Progress.
I know it's just a typo, but I can't help visualising these people going around inspecting hedges...

More seriously, it's nice to read about something which I have absolutely no idea about. I've listened to a few audiobooks, but the closest I've come to an audio drama is Orson Welles' famous War of the Worlds broadcast. Now all I need to do is find some more hours in the day...

Back