• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Infobox and other Wikipedia Graphics Thread

boahpK2.png
bed7IFi.png
Ufz2qFw.png
NZrKO3H.png
0Ig3Obp.png

Prompted me to scroll through his twitter - looks like he's a Modi fan, that would have been interesting if he'd gone back to the Senate in 2016.
He's a bit of an oddball politically - asides from his aforementioned affinity for Modi, he thinks Pakistan is a greater global threat than North Korea, supported getting rid of Roe v. Wade while touting his support for gay marriage in the 2014 Senate Election, was given a 0% on women's issues from a few major nonprofits and political pressure groups, and his 2014 Senate campaign played up his service in Vietnam and his refusal to take a bribe during ABSCAM, which made him a bit of a relic in comparison to Weiland and Thune, who both had ran against Pressler in the 90's (he also positioned himself as the centrist candidate, despite being to the right of Thune on some issues).

He's a bit of an oddball politically - asides from his aforementioned affinity for Modi, he thinks Pakistan is a greater global threat than North Korea, supported getting rid of Roe v. Wade while touting his support for gay marriage in the 2014 Senate Election, was given a 0% on women's issues from a few major nonprofits and political pressure groups, and his 2014 Senate campaign played up his service in Vietnam and his refusal to take a bribe during ABSCAM, which made him a bit of a relic in comparison to Weiland and Thune, who both had ran against Pressler in the 90's (he also positioned himself as the centrist candidate, despite being to the right of Thune on some issues).

Would've been interesting if he'd won - iirc he was polling competitively to begin with (probably on the name recognition factor, but still). Wonder who he would have caucused with.

Would've been interesting if he'd won - iirc he was polling competitively to begin with (probably on the name recognition factor, but still). Wonder who he would have caucused with.
I'd put him lean Republican, but I'd imagine he'd caucus with whoever was more desperate at the time.

I'm sure I'm the only person here who didn't know this, but I just found out a few days back that John McCain considered defecting to the Democrats in the mid-2000's. This box, which is from the same TL as an upcoming project of mine, was made after I realized that McCain also considered permanently settling down in Pennsylvania after marrying his first wife and that I could make a really obvious analogue.

index.php

Last edited:
1553293282210.png

How can we make the 2000 election even more of a nightmare?

How about we introduce Trump running as Reform and he somehow surges to almost take the Presidency but not quite, while Ted Kennedy [instead of Al Gore, so the "moderates" shift Trump or something] and George W. Bush are tied in the EC for second. So while the House plays silly buggers, there's a big court case for who goes in the top two with Frank Fasi. It all ends up bitter with Bill Frist getting the GOP-held court to rule in Frist v. Vilsack that states take priority over people. The Democrats decide well, Fasi is actually somewhat liberal, and fuck Bill Frist, we'll vote for him. So Frank Fasi ends up Acting President.

The House however, even as the weeks turns in months, Speaker Hastert, Democratic Minority Leader Gephardt, and Trump himself [as well as other Reformists including the handful that rode his coattails to win seats] remain stubborn. Trump and Reform entertained thoughts that since the Democrats voted for Fasi, that they would be open to voting Trump. But the House Democrats [well, those that aren't already voting Trump or Bush] close ranks behind Ted Kennedy, determined to not let go of the White House to Donald fucking Trump.

In the end, someone came and broke that deadlock. That someone was Osama bin Laden. In the wake of 9/11 and polling afterwards strongly supporting the end of the deadlock and "just give it to Trump you fuckers", the Dems and GOP buckled and many voted to put Trump into the White House. Inaugurated as the 43rd President, Donald Trump promised "to deliver the America you deserve".

But the House Democrats [well, those that aren't already voting Trump or Bush] close ranks behind Ted Kennedy, determined to not let go of the White House to Donald fucking Trump.

Because 2000 Donald Trump with his support for Canadian-style Medicare-for-all, abortion, etc. is a little too radical for the Democrats, I take it?

View attachment 9578

How can we make the 2000 election even more of a nightmare?

How about we introduce Trump running as Reform and he somehow surges to almost take the Presidency but not quite, while Ted Kennedy [instead of Al Gore, so the "moderates" shift Trump or something] and George W. Bush are tied in the EC for second. So while the House plays silly buggers, there's a big court case for who goes in the top two with Frank Fasi. It all ends up bitter with Bill Frist getting the GOP-held court to rule in Frist v. Vilsack that states take priority over people. The Democrats decide well, Fasi is actually somewhat liberal, and fuck Bill Frist, we'll vote for him. So Frank Fasi ends up Acting President.

The House however, even as the weeks turns in months, Speaker Hastert, Democratic Minority Leader Gephardt, and Trump himself [as well as other Reformists including the handful that rode his coattails to win seats] remain stubborn. Trump and Reform entertained thoughts that since the Democrats voted for Fasi, that they would be open to voting Trump. But the House Democrats [well, those that aren't already voting Trump or Bush] close ranks behind Ted Kennedy, determined to not let go of the White House to Donald fucking Trump.

In the end, someone came and broke that deadlock. That someone was Osama bin Laden. In the wake of 9/11 and polling afterwards strongly supporting the end of the deadlock and "just give it to Trump you fuckers", the Dems and GOP buckled and many voted to put Trump into the White House. Inaugurated as the 43rd President, Donald Trump promised "to deliver the America you deserve".
Why would any House delegations vote for Trump?

I always wanted to do a 1992 election thing where Perot is way in front in the popular vote and wins the most states, but not enough to quite make it to an electoral majority - and then in the contingent House vote he gets no votes because everyone breaks on party lines.

Back