• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Habsburg Liechtenstein

Simon

Oblivious
This came out of a thread over at the Other Place about keeping the Habsburgs on a throne somewhere in Europe after Great War and I got to wondering about a Habsburg Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein was in large part created out of expediency, Johann I wanting to gain Imperial immediacy bought a lordship and a county with it and Charles VI decreed them joined together and raised to a Principality as a favour. Notably illustrated by the ruling family not bothering to visit their territory for nearly a century.

So what happens if somehow the Habsburgs came into possession of Liechtenstein with it remaining an independent state and it legally never declares war on anyone during WWI? I was wondering how people thought the various countries might react to the realisation following his overthrow and break-up of the Empire that Karl was still ruler of a small Alpine principality of roughly 60 square miles.

Back