• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Greater Croatia

Ricardolindo

Is there any way, with a post-1900 point of divergence, to have a Greater Croatia including much or even all of Bosnia and Herzegovina? I do think that, most of the time, the Bosniaks would have preferred Croatia to Serbia.

IIRC, there was some movement towards this in the 1990s where the Croats and Serbs would split Bosnia between them once the Greater Serbia aspirations had been dropped by the latter?

IIRC, there was some movement towards this in the 1990s where the Croats and Serbs would split Bosnia between them once the Greater Serbia aspirations had been dropped by the latter?

I know about this, but I am not sure it would have been acceptable internationally or even to most Croats.

I have seen it argued that without World War II, the Kingdom of Yugoslavia would have soon collapsed. In 1939, the Cvetković-Maček agreement had effectively partitioned Bosnia between Croatia and Serbia.
A less drastic point of divergence: As mentioned at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State..._and_Herzegovina#Preparations_for_the_council, the Partisan Central Committee was split on whether Bosnia should be a federative republic or an autonomous province. Tito broke the tie in favor of the former. What if he broke it in favor of the latter? Could Bosnia have eventually been partioned between the Croatian and Serbian republics?

Back