• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

German Aligned Poland?

Torten

Pronouns
He/Him
I've been doing some research on this, and I don't think it is as inplausable as people like to think it is.

Germany signed a non-aggression agreement with Poland in 1934, which they only revoked upon, when the Poles were unwilling to allow the construction of a extraterritorial railway and the return of Danzig in 1939.

There was very little love for the Germans in Poland during the 1930's, so the Poles are only going to consider such an arrangement if they have no other option.

How long could Poland being aligned with Germany last though? Eventually Germany will want to come through Poland to hit the USSR, whether Poland wants to be at war or not, and they consider the Poles an inferior species - it feels they would only do this to buy time for when Hitler inevitably decides "fuck Poland".

How long could Poland being aligned with Germany last though? Eventually Germany will want to come through Poland to hit the USSR, whether Poland wants to be at war or not, and they consider the Poles an inferior species - it feels they would only do this to buy time for when Hitler inevitably decides "fuck Poland".

The only way I can see it is if the USSR really fucks up and scares them into Germany's arms.

One idea I can see: the USSR did consider supporting Czechoslovakia, I think, and only gave up on it when no one else was willing to follow. If they do, they're going to want through Poland, Poland will say no, as was their stance during the whole Sudetenland crisis, and it could escalate from there, at which point Germany might appear as the least bad option, maybe, if you squint?

Back