• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

EBOOK RELEASE: The Scottish Anthology

but joking aside very happy to see this has released too! The cover art is *chef's kiss*
Vote of thanks to @Lord Roem for, as usual, great cover art. Exactly the expression I had imagined on the Highland coo at the point of nuclear annihilation, dignity and stoicism as in life.

And vote of thanks to @M_Kresal whose story was the source of the imagery.

Vote of thanks to @Lord Roem for, as usual, great cover art. Exactly the expression I had imagined on the Highland coo at the point of nuclear annihilation, dignity and stoicism as in life.

It was a lot of fun to do this and - yes - I originally did that as a quick draft before thinking "no, that's exactly what it would look like, nailed it".

The good thing about not being at work today and being at home alone is that I've been able to shamelessly indulge myself: having only bought it 2½ hours ago, I've now finished it.

Many thanks to Ryan for putting this together and congratulations to all the authors - a fine collection of tales falling out of some very interesting PoDs. What I particularly enjoyed was the character focus of them all - great examples of the now-well-known peasants not kings* principle.
* apart from mine, which does actually feature kings :rolleyes:

Living in a part of Scotland where Highland Coos seem to be emblazoned on every other ornament, it would be great to see this one out in the "wild" though I wonder how people up here might take it. SNP policy at present is if Scotland goes independent, it will be a nuclear-free country, but I am sure radioactive dust will respect no national borders.

… I guess I’m a published author now? That’s cool.
Congratulations. It's a good feeling isn't it?
My entry is the worst one, BTW.
There isn't any 'worst one' in the collection. I enjoyed your story: you brought the characters to life in a great way and captured the intricacies of what passed for politics then very well. Your last line is also very good. So, again, congratulations.

Congratulations. It's a good feeling isn't it?

Indeed.

There isn't any 'worst one' in the collection. I enjoyed your story: you brought the characters to life in a great way and captured the intricacies of what passed for politics then very well. Your last line is also very good. So, again, congratulations.

Was just being self-deprecating, but thanks for the kind words.

I liked your story too.

Back