• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Deleting lots of old posts

OHC

deep green blue collar rainbow
Pronouns
they/she
Hey all - I'm trying to reduce my overall footprint on the internet and I'm interested in deleting or blanking quite a lot of my older posts, particularly stuff in The Pub that has unnecessary personal detail in it. It seems like I can only delete and edit posts in open threads, not in locked ones, is that right? Is there a way around that?

Thanks!

Hey all - I'm trying to reduce my overall footprint on the internet and I'm interested in deleting or blanking quite a lot of my older posts, particularly stuff in The Pub that has unnecessary personal detail in it. It seems like I can only delete and edit posts in open threads, not in locked ones, is that right? Is there a way around that?

Thanks!
Sorry for the delayed reply here. The forum settings don't allow the editing or deletion of posts more than two weeks old (with the exception of the Writing forum, as people regularly need to update index pages in the first posts of their test threads and so on). For specific concerns about personal information exceptions can be made, PM me if you have specific posts in mind.

Reactions: OHC
Sorry for the delayed reply here. The forum settings don't allow the editing or deletion of posts more than two weeks old (with the exception of the Writing forum, as people regularly need to update index pages in the first posts of their test threads and so on). For specific concerns about personal information exceptions can be made, PM me if you have specific posts in mind.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll take a look and see if there's anything egregious enough to warrant removal - probably not.

Back