• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

first of all AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

secondly, the Republicans chosing someone with the last name "Vought" to be Secretary of the Treasury is a perfect example of why every political campaign needs at least one super big film/social media head to double check optics that old dinosaur politicians have no real cultural reference point for.

"Elected December 17, 2024" Goddamn what happened to drag the election for so long.

Something like this

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 6.21.51 PM.png

Biden wins on election night but certain electors (placed by certain governors) choose to ignore the results and cast their votes for Trump. Everyone gets very upset but the GOP also get enough numbers in the senate (though gerrymandering) to both confirm the EC and appoint Trump's picks for cabinet. Protesters are cleared out by National Guard with live rounds.

not a single elected official except Mike Lee damn

how'd Mike Lee end up Vice President under these circumstances anyhow

also I'm kinda curious - how do you get certain people placed in front of flag backgrounds
His first nominee is Kari Lake, but due to shenanigans she can't appear on certain state ballots (the GOP have a field day with that). A handful of other names volunteer themselves to show up on individual states ballots instead. Mike Lee pops up more and more as a name not initially considered by the campaign and eventually they go "fuck it, another Mike."

I phtoshopped a few of those pictures myself because I didn't like the shot composition of the ones wiki had up already.
you mean the house right
Nah man the Senate ratifies the Electoral College, same day they all get sworn in.

I phtoshopped a few of those pictures myself because I didn't like the shot composition of the ones wiki had up already.
I do not have Photoshop 😔
Nah man the Senate ratifies the Electoral College, same day they all get sworn in.
Then it can't be gerrymandered now, can it?

(fixed state boundaries is not gerrymandering)
His first nominee is Kari Lake, but due to shenanigans she can't appear on certain state ballots (the GOP have a field day with that). A handful of other names volunteer themselves to show up on individual states ballots instead. Mike Lee pops up more and more as a name not initially considered by the campaign and eventually they go "fuck it, another Mike."
Remarkable

Does he become President eventually (or as soon as possible, depending on circumstances?)

Biden wins on election night but certain electors (placed by certain governors) choose to ignore the results and cast their votes for Trump.
Governors don't appoint electors. State parties chose slates of electors, usually at a party convention, and state law determines which slate (or combinations thereof) become the state's electors after the presidential election results are certified.

That's why Trump had to try the whole "fake electors" thing even in states with Republican governors like Arizona & Georgia instead of just him having Ducey or Kemp appoint slates of Republicans instead.

Everyone gets very upset but the GOP also get enough numbers in the senate (though gerrymandering)

Technically, you could gerrymander the Senate (which the GOP arguably did in the latter half of the 19th century by admitting a lot of low-population western states separately), if states allowed themselves to be carved up by Congress, but realistically it would never happen.

A joint session of Congress meets to ratify the Electoral College votes, not just the Senate.

I do not have Photoshop 😔
I'd recommend Pixlr, it's a free browser-based alternative.

Technically, you could gerrymander the Senate (which the GOP arguably did in the latter half of the 19th century by admitting a lot of low-population western states separately), if states allowed themselves to be carved up by Congress, but realistically it would never happen.

Remarkable

Does he become President eventually (or as soon as possible, depending on circumstances?)
No clue. I see the big guy finally dying of a heart attack but that seems cliche for my style of doomposting.

Governors don't appoint electors. State parties chose slates of electors, usually at a party convention, and state law determines which slate (or combinations thereof) become the state's electors after the presidential election results are certified.

That's why Trump had to try the whole "fake electors" thing even in states with Republican governors like Arizona & Georgia instead of just him having Ducey or Kemp appoint slates of Republicans instead.
Huh, my bad then. Assume this time around he does get Ducey and Kemp to appoint slates of Republicans instead. And by "Republicans" assume I mean the ones in red hats.

A joint session of Congress meets to ratify the Electoral College votes, not just the Senate.
Weird, I could've sworn it was just the Senate convening for ratification on Jan 6th. Maybe because that was the chamber in session? Idk. At this point just assume both houses have a GOP majority. It's par for course.

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 5.25.34 PM.png
I feel like Tommy Tuberville is the U.S. Senator most likely to be charged with sedition at some point

I'd recommend Pixlr, it's a free browser-based alternative.
Thank you

Back