• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

For Demirtas to be President you literally need to have like 75% of Turkey’s people to suddenly fall dead. Also Turkey will immediately return back to a parliamentary system once Erdo is defeated.

maybe the alternative here is Demirtas to be the head of some kind of broad Secular-Left coalition similar to how u had comparable figures do so in ur Modern Ataturk list

maybe the alternative here is Demirtas to be the head of some kind of broad Secular-Left coalition similar to how u had comparable figures do so in ur Modern Ataturk list
He’d always be the junior party in such a coalition. Even if you somehow get the HDP to come in first and have them form a coalition with the CHP, the PM would either be someone from the left-wing of the CHP, or an HDP MP from Istanbul or the Northeast that’s not an ethnic Kurd.

If you get a full blown Kurdish Movement guy there the army will really start scheming again.

He’d always be the junior party in such a coalition. Even if you somehow get the HDP to come in first and have them form a coalition with the CHP, the PM would either be someone from the left-wing of the CHP, or an HDP MP from Istanbul or the Northeast that’s not an ethnic Kurd.

If you get a full blown Kurdish Movement guy there the army will really start scheming again.

would Selin Sayek Böke make sense?

would Selin Sayek Böke make sense?
She is the second biggest left-wing name in the CHP after Canan Kaftancioglu, so I’d say so, but in a situation I just described I could see one of the rising stars of the Diyarbakir CHP getting the nod like Turkan Elci, who’s husband was the Chairman of the Diyarbakir Bar Association and either assassinated by the police or died because of their mishandling of a shootout with one of the PKK’s youth wings.

Back