• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

I mean, it's not unexpected, but I find it rather shocking that it fared for so long while maintaining roughly the same level of viewer reception.
Fox kept renewing it.
I would love some elaboration on that.
Nothing says "the rules are broken, anything can happen now" by letting the one character who never seems to die actually die, permanently.

Fox kept renewing it.

Not sure what I expected here. :p

Nothing says "the rules are broken, anything can happen now" by letting the one character who never seems to die actually die, permanently.

Of course. I suppose this would be an incredibly consequential development, seeing how central Burns and SNPP are to several major characters and arguably to the family as a whole.

P.S. I once thought of a Simpsons episode, set in the future with Lisa as a central character, albeit as the SNPP Nuclear Safety Inspector following a dead-end job in a law firm and struggles with alcohol. By that point, Bart Simpson had become a U.S. Congressman, and his folksy charm and guile made him a political rising star.

To say that Lisa resents these developments would be an understatement.

i know the Democratic bench is rather limited in Arkansas, but if anyone is going to clown on SHS that bad, in a state that red, in a year that favorable to Republicans, it's not going to be the boring ass technocrat Gray.

honestly, ur best bet in this situation for a margin like that is probably either Clarke Tucker or Frank Scott Jr.

say, what's your opinion on John Bel Edwards?

hate him!!! but electorally speaking he's probably one of like two mainstream Democrats who i could see pulling off a state wide win in Louisiana so we're faced with the Manchin problem

i know the Democratic bench is rather limited in Arkansas, but if anyone is going to clown on SHS that bad, in a state that red, in a year that favorable to Republicans, it's not going to be the boring ass technocrat Gray.

honestly, ur best bet in this situation for a margin like that is probably either Clarke Tucker or Frank Scott Jr.
Better?

arkansaw.jpeg

Depends on what you had in mind
Would you be able to do a group of album covers based on this:
X Magazine, Best Albums of the 1980s
  1. Michael Jackson, Alive (1985)
  2. Mavis Staples and Prince, Like Heaven (1988)
  3. Bruce Springsteen, Heartland (1983)
  4. The Beatles, Four of Us (1987)
  5. Madonna, Angel (1984)
  6. Chaka Khan, Good Morning (1982)
  7. David Bowie, The Future (1983)
  8. D.A.I.S.Y., Seeing and Doing (1989) [1]
  9. Willie Nelson, Fourth of July (1985)
  10. Paul Simon and Brian Eno, Ten Thousand Seasons (1988)
CREEM, Greatest Albums of the 1980s
  1. D.A.I.S.Y., Seeing and Doing (1989)
  2. The Clash, Sandinista! (1980)
  3. Eric B. and Rakim, Get Famous (1987)
  4. Mavis Staples and Prince, Like Heaven (1988)
  5. Yellow Magic Orchestra, Human Audio (1983)
  6. XTC, God Only Knows (1984)
  7. KRS-One and Scott LaRock, Fearless (1988)
  8. Lou Reed, New York (1984)
  9. Ghetto Boys, Watch Your Ass (1989)
  10. Roxy Music, Together (1981)
[1] OTL De La Soul

I've been thinking about this a lot.

Back when they had Kim Hill, the Black Eyed Peas actually weren't too shabby. Even the stuff used in the demos for Atban Klann were so genuine when you compare the sound to what the band became by '08. Will I. Am. could actually rap!
Honestly if the group kept on this sort of path and did't become total sellouts, I'd actually say they were good. No bullshit.
I guess there's really a difference between being successful and being good at what you do.

Back