• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

the real enlightened answer to "who is the American Putin" is 100% Donald Rumsfeld, or really anyone from Team B, but ik that Rumsfeld may be older (as in fucking dead) than you want for someone who would perfectly match the analogy.
Exactly. Rummy would be the perfect fit except for the fact that he's already in the ground. Need someone with longevity.

Exactly. Rummy would be the perfect fit except for the fact that he's already in the ground. Need someone with longevity.

damn yeah idk then my mind is blank. i don't think there are many Americans who could possibly have the specific type of authoritarian swagger as Putin.

YO wait ... infamously intelligence connected war conservative vet Robert Muller ?

damn yeah idk then my mind is blank. i don't think there are many Americans who could possibly have the specific type of authoritarian swagger as Putin.

YO wait ... infamously intelligence connected war conservative vet Robert Muller ?
Nah, I don't think Muller is stereotypically evil enough. Just because he's Republican doesn't mean he's the kind to subvert democracy

Just because he's Republican doesn't mean he's the kind to subvert democracy

these two things are very much correlated however. put in man in a position with that type of power and watch all their previous values shrink in favor of the type of demeanor that will insure their continued dominance.

these two things are very much correlated however. put in man in a position with that type of power and watch all their previous values shrink in favor of the type of demeanor that will insure their continued dominance.
I'm not disputing that Republicans are the more likely of the two to subvert democracy, I just don't think Mueller is the right fit. Just too out of character.

I'm not disputing that Republicans are the more likely of the two to subvert democracy, I just don't think Mueller is the right fit. Just too out of character.

valid, H.W is the only other person I have directly on the brain who even comes close to fitting this role and he's obviously off the board.

Erik Prince is both too stupid to be Putin and a way better fit to be the Yevgeny Prizhogin to whoever the American Putin is imo

valid, H.W is the only other person I have directly on the brain who even comes close to fitting this role and he's obviously off the board.

Erik Prince is both too stupid to be Putin and a way better fit to be the Yevgeny Prizhogin to whoever the American Putin is imo
As much as I despise Dubya and his daddy, they don't quite fit the mould either.

Decided on a decent enough compromise

View attachment 74394

Prior military service, extremely religious, has a history of abusing the power of office, etc.

Dennis Kucinich and Harry Lee leading the Progressive Party is smart from the perspective of the analogy but also invokes incredibly funny images of the Chairpeople of the American Progressive Party standing around in a big room slowly turning a big dial that says "Racism" up to Level Twenty

Dennis Kucinich and Harry Lee leading the Progressive Party is smart from the perspective of the analogy but also invokes incredibly funny images of the Chairpeople of the American Progressive Party standing around in a big room slowly turning a big dial that says "Racism" up to Level Twenty
Just like the Russian communist party, so it's perfect

Course correction.

Prime Ministers of New Zealand-Aotearoa
2023-2026: Christopher Luxon (National-ACT/"Nact" coalition
, then National majority)
defeated Chris Hipkins (Labour), James Shaw/Marama Davidson (Green), David Seymour (ACT), Winston Peters (NZ First), Debbie Ngarewa-Packer/Tawiri Waititi (Te Pāti Māori), Raf Manji (Opportunities), others
2026-2035: Angela Roberts (Labour-Green coalition)
defeated Christopher Luxon (National), James Shaw/Marama Davidson (Green), David Seymour (ACT), Debbie Ngarewa-Packer/Tawiri Waititi (Te Pāti Māori), Shane Jones (NZ First), others
defeated Tim van de Molen (National), James Shaw/Marama Davidson (Green), Andrew Hoggard (ACT), James Roberts (Organise Aotearoa), others
defeated Joseph Mooney (National), Ollie Murphy (ACT), Lan Pham/Teanau Tuiono (Green), Pania Newton/Lance Norman (Te Pāti Māori), Kirsten Murfitt (Respect), others

2035-20??: India Miro Logan-Riley (Labour-Green-Te Pāti Māori-Organise Aotearoa/"Te Ara Whatu" coalition)
defeated Erica Stanford (National), Lan Pham/Taitoa Wihone (Green), Pania Newton/Tākuta Ferris (Te Pāti Māori), Vanessa Arapko (Organise Aotearoa), Felix Poole (ACT), others

Monarchs recognized by New Zealand-Aotearoa
2022-2029: Charles III (Windsor)
2029-2030: William V (Windsor)

Results of the "Republic Referendum" -
53.9% yes, 41.1% no, 4.3% abstaining/ruined ballots
2031-20??: Te Puhi Ariki Ngawaihonoitepo (Te Wherowhero)

Last edited:
Posted it in my own thread instead of the HoS list cos A. It's mostly wish fulfilment and B. the results of this election were like a punch in the gut, don't wanna spread that misery

Back