• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Best of all Possible Worlds: Utopian AH

It wasn't really to do with this, although it absolutely would apply, but I remember a discussion about Ruins of an American Party System on how, even thought it was clearly not a utopia by any stretch, it would be very hard for someone from TTL not to see at least the 30s and early 40s of OTL as a dystopia.

I can't remember how that one turned out, but didn't it start out with a worse Depression and a leadership crisis where America ran through like six Presidents in a year and only barely escaped a coup? I guess depending on how Olson and LaGuardia fixed things afterwards it could have ended up better than OTL - I should probably read it again

I can't remember how that one turned out, but didn't it start out with a worse Depression and a leadership crisis where America ran through like six Presidents in a year and only barely escaped a coup? I guess depending on how Olson and LaGuardia fixed things afterwards it could have ended up better than OTL - I should probably read it again
Yeah, there is that, although the Klan had got crushed prior to that as well. I can't find the discussion now but yeah it was definitely more focused on what happened after that (which on reflection would probably temper things a bit more than came up)

Back