• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Anthony Eden (1897-1953)

A
Assuming anything even vaguely resembling OTL WW2, if the Americans decide they would like an end to colonialism more than they fear Soviet Europe, the empires end very very quickly. Probably with a Soviet-backed coup in Paris for starters, and with all parties in London scrambling to work out how they can show more commitment to decolonisation and hang the casualties in the process.

I was envisioning something after the WarPac/non-warpac boundaries have solidified but at a point when there's still a little wiggle room for the US to change its mind about supporting colonial empires, but I would pay US dollars to read your scenario.

Welcome everyone's comment on this version of events in alternate history 11th April 1953 - Miserable death of Anthony Eden.

My main thought is that delaying the attack until (unknown to the plotters) the Soviets will be midway into their own punitive invasion is an interesting way of having Suez work in the short term - the Soviets are just busy. What's causing Eisenhower to approve invasion this time around though?

Back