• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

AndrewH's Test Thread

I swear to god finding good photos to use in wikiboxes makes me want to pull my hair out. How the hell do you people do it with Wikipedia's strict copyright?

I swear to god finding good photos to use in wikiboxes makes me want to pull my hair out. How the hell do you people do it with Wikipedia's strict copyright?

Just make the wikibox in the Wikipedia sandbox using the pictures available. Then when you screenshot it and open it up in your image editor to save, find an Actually Good picture on google images, copy or screenshot it, and cut and paste it into the wikibox.

The Gambino scandal was a political scandal in the United States involving the administration of New York Governor and later U.S. President Mario Cuomo from 1987 to 1991 that led to Cuomo's resignation. The scandal originated and got its name from the assassination of crime boss and head of the Gambino Family crime organization Paul Castellano on August 16th, 1987, who was facing federal scrutiny and racketeering charges at the time of his death. Castellano's death, while unrelated to Cuomo himself, led to renewed attention from the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York and an investigation to Castellano's finances and books. The investigation revealed numerous and large donations from Castellano and the Gambino Family to Cuomo's re-election campaign while Governor and his Presidential campaign from so-called "tax-scam funds" and extortion, and connected a 1984 assault on Mario's father-in-law, Charles Raffa, to the Gambino Family. Further investigations, along with revelations made during trials of Gambino Family members and associates (most notably in the trial of Michael Franzese, who alleged that Cuomo had provided leniency to the Gambino Family while Governor), led the U.S. Senate to create a special investigative committee meant to investigate Cuomo's connections to the Mafia. The Senate Gambino hearings were an overnight sensation and attracted significant national and international attention. Witnesses called before the Committee testified that Cuomo had been aware of the Gambino donations and had personally approved a plan created by his son Andrew, Kings County District Attorney Liz Holtzman and the America for Cuomo PAC to stall and damage the investigation into Castellano's finances. Throughout the scandal, Cuomo categorically denied any involvement, and resisted Congressional investigations into his personal life.

Further testimony against Cuomo and the Administration's attempt to stop the investigation in late 1989 and 1990 led the U.S. House of Representatives to introduce articles of impeachment on charges of abuse of power, obstruction of justice and abuse of power for personal gain against the President. Facing likely impeachment once the articles reached the Republican-controlled Senate and almost non-existent popular support, Cuomo resigned from office on June 2nd, 1991. Cuomo denies any involvement with the Mafia to the present day, but has admitted wrongdoing with his handling of Congress' investigation - Cuomo staged a successful political comeback in 2006 and served a single term as a Senator from New York. He is the only U.S. president to have resigned from office. His successor, Martha Layne Collins, made history as the first female President of the United States, but was subject to further Congressional investigations concerning bribes accepted by First Gentleman Bill Collins.

The revelation in the fall of 1991 that Special Counsel Dick Thornburgh had been partial in his investigation, aided Republicans in Congress in assembling their case against Cuomo and leaked confidential information to the press with the explicit aim of hurting the Democratic Party in advance of the 1992 Presidential Election led to another national scandal and the defeat of both the Democratic and Republican Party in 1992.

Last edited:
1964 - 1973: Harold Wilson (Labour)
defeated, 1964: Alec Douglas-Home (Conservative), Jo Grimond (Liberal)
defeated, 1966: Edward Heath (Conservative), Jo Grimond (Liberal)
defeated, 1970: Edward Heath (Conservative), Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal)
1973 - 1975: Roy Jenkins (Labour)
1975 - 1978: Keith Joseph (Conservative)
defeated, 1975: Roy Jenkins (Labour), Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal)
1978 - 1979: Roy Jenkins (Labour)
defeated, 1978 (Minority): Keith Joseph (Conservative), Eric Heffer (Democratic Labour), John Pardoe (Liberal)
1979 - 1984: Keith Joseph (Conservative)
defeated, 1979: Roy Jenkins (Labour), Eric Heffer (Democratic Labour), John Pardoe (Liberal)
1984 - present: John Nott (Conservative)
defeated, 1984: Tony Benn (Democratic Labour), Roy Jenkins (Labour), Bill Pitt (Liberal)

Last edited:
1964 - 1973: Harold Wilson (Labour)
defeated, 1964: Alec Douglas-Home (Conservative), Jo Grimond (Liberal)
defeated, 1966: Edward Heath (Conservative), Jo Grimond (Liberal)
defeated, 1970: Edward Heath (Conservative), Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal)
1973 - 1975: Roy Jenkins (Labour)
1975 - 1978: Keith Joseph (Conservative)
defeated, 1975: Roy Jenkins (Labour), Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal)
1978 - 1979: Roy Jenkins (Labour)
defeated, 1978 (Minority): Keith Joseph (Conservative), Eric Heffer (Democratic Labour), John Pardoe (Liberal)
1979 - 1984: Keith Joseph (Conservative)
defeated, 1979: Roy Jenkins (Labour), Eric Heffer (Democratic Labour), John Pardoe (Liberal)
1984 - present: John Nott (Conservative)
defeated, 1984: Tony Benn (Democratic Labour), Roy Jenkins (Labour), Bill Pitt (Liberal)
I see you there.

All hail the Eternal Woy!

took the deep state more than a year to get the wrong people out of office?
Should read ‘73 instead of ‘74, thanks for the catch.

I will say that Johnson’s sudden absence (he was expected to run in ‘72), the growing power of the student movement, international pressure against America and Speedy King’s numerous fuck-ups puts the Justice Party on the back foot for much of 1973.

Back