• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Namesakes

I think there actually was a TL in ye olde dayes on SHWI or something like that called "Louis Armstrong, First Man on the Moon". And on "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" they once did "What a Wonderful World" in the style of Neil Armstrong...

So many other options.

George Gordon Brown, for example.

I even played around with Andy Cooke/Alasdair Cook for a bit.
It's not exactly high profile but there was also a Canadian Gordon Brown who was also a politician, which produced some confusing headlines when he passed away.

You didn't even include my running gag about the Michael Collins of Irish Independence is the same person as the Michael Collins of Apollo 11!

Deeply disappointed!

I wrote this almost three years ago!

I actually mentioned during the Chat session last week that one of my many ideas over the years has been to write a TLIAW that would be "What if the two Michael Collinses actually were the same person?"

I'd have it start with just having Michael Collins resign as commander-in-chief of the National Army a few weeks before he dies in OTL, so that he is never assassinated, and that he then within a short time leaves Irish politics. Growing disillusioned with the state of Ireland during the civil war, and still being the targets of assassinations, he eventually emigrates to the US. I would then have the TLIAW in installment upon installment start blending the two Michael Collinses lives together, with less and less of the Irish revolutionary and more and more of the American astronaut, until finally have the last installment have it be more or less entirely the American astronaut.

The absolute final scene would of course be Michael Collins floating around on the dark side of the moon, sipping on the coffee, and reflecting on that he finally, finally, is completely and utterly outside of Dev's grasp.

Top of the Pops did a good one when Dexy’s Midnight Runners performed their song “Jackie Wilson Said” in front of a picture of Jocky Wilson

I think there actually was a TL in ye olde dayes on SHWI or something like that called "Louis Armstrong, First Man on the Moon". And on "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" they once did "What a Wonderful World" in the style of Neil Armstrong...

A rather odd and unpleasant South African politician (briefly jailed for hitting someone with a water jug) once claimed the US faked the moon landing with Louis A

1712917808372.png

Back