• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History General Discussion

Got to the end with everyone's schemes revealed and Archer realising how much he was caught between everything, but the saddest reveal is
Harry Woods, the man who wouldn't back down and stop and had been a secret minor resistance man, turned into a collaborator to protect Archer's son without Archer knowing - which as I type I realise is likely a parallel of Archer brownnosing to get Harry's brother off a deportation order.

Got to the end with everyone's schemes revealed and Archer realising how much he was caught between everything, but the saddest reveal is
Harry Woods, the man who wouldn't back down and stop and had been a secret minor resistance man, turned into a collaborator to protect Archer's son without Archer knowing - which as I type I realise is likely a parallel of Archer brownnosing to get Harry's brother off a deportation order.
Its my favorite AH novel for a reason.

"I JUST NEED A FEW MORE PAGES"

I do like a detail that while they're in the resistance,
Mayhew and Sylvia & Harry aren't in the same resistance groups and don't seem connected at all. Mayhew seems sensible when he says telling the resistance to back off from Douglas Archer would make it obvious that Douglas Archer is with them, but - especially as enough of the SS and Abwehr seem aware Douglas knows people - it's likely he wouldn't know who to go to.

It's a little honestly impressive to me how the TNO mod has managed to hit nearly all of the potential issues with an Axis victory setting. Maybe it's just too many cooks?

That, and the fact that the medium affects the message; the best and most sensitively written depiction of a German government would still have to deal with the handicap that you, the player, are the German government, it's your team. That's true even in the, and I know the mod's fans will tell me that the word has massive caveats and I respect that, even in the 'reforming' paths.

If the WAllies wanted/needed to open the continental Second Front earlier, would they have gone for a cross-channel landing or invading France from the south ie Dragoon?

I think cross-Channel, the logistics are much better. Dragoon was a great operation - after Overlord - but more iffy as a standalone.

Back