• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

AHC/WI/PC: Sedentary Tocharian majority in Siberia, China, India and Central Asia, after an Agricultural revolution in the Proto-Tocharian society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As we all know, Tocharians were an ancient Indo-European Caucasian people originating in Modern Ukraine and Russia, and split from the PIE group immediately after the Anatolians.

In an ATL, have the Proto-Tocharians who migrate from the Ukrainian steppes, meet and mingle with the Anatolian and Caucasian Agriculturalists and set up an Agricultural revolution, together. This results in an increase in population and stability. Then, have them colonize and settle the river valleys like the Volga, Ural, Yenisei, Bikal, etc, establishing an Agriculture, Fishery and Pastoral based advanced set of Civilizations.

Eventually, have them settle and conquer large parts of China, still in infancy in around 1000-500 BC, after settling entire Siberia, India and Mongolia. The population of India acquires a skin shade range ranging from Central European to Turkish. All other regions acquire a shade ranging from Northern to Central European.

I need this plausibility check for my timeline.

Last edited:
My plan for the timeline is that this level of stability and co-operation will result in a huge early Scientific Revolution my 1 AD, and turn Humanity into a Galactic Civilization by 1500 AD (OTL measure).

Asia is being thought over between a majority Finnic or a majority Tocharian one (though all other languages will survive like the Basque, which means, genetically same as neighbours but linguistically and culturally different). Template for both is the same, relating to the Agriculturalist revolution.

All I'm going to say is that almost certainly you've done more research into this than anyone else on the forum, so you go you and just write it.
Thanks. That's what I will do, but I need to do a poll to either include Indo-Europeans like the Tocharians or the White Caucasian Uralic/Finnic peoples. I am inclined to do a mix where both White Uralic/Finnic and Indo-European families end up with a Win-Win Scenario, in Asia and North Africa. Template is the same, though. :)

A Finnic North Africa, Anatolia and Levant would be super interesting, though..

Hello,

As we all know, Tocharians were an ancient Indo-European Caucasian people originating in Modern Ukraine and Russia, and split from the PIE group immediately after the Anatolians.

In an ATL, have the Proto-Tocharians who migrate from the Ukrainian steppes, meet and mingle with the Anatolian and Caucasian Agriculturalists and set up an Agricultural revolution, together. This results in an increase in population and stability. Then, have them colonize and settle the river valleys like the Volga, Ural, Yenisei, Bikal, etc, establishing an Agriculture, Fishery and Pastoral based advanced set of Civilizations.

Eventually, have them settle and conquer large parts of China, still in infancy in around 1000-500 BC, after settling entire Siberia, India and Mongolia. The population of India acquires a skin shade range ranging from Central European to Turkish. All other regions acquire a shade ranging from Northern to Central European.

I need this plausibility check for my timeline.

From my hazy recollections of Horse Wheel and Language your going to need a reason for them to embrace agriculturalism and move away from the steppe but that’s all I’ve got

If there picking habits from Anatolia and Caucasus why not drive into Iran and India as other PIE did? The steppe isnt agriculture friendly so it’s a trip from Anatolia to China

Agriculture also has an origin in China so there’s scope for picking up farming from there

There's not nearly enough Finnic TLs, so I look forward to whatever you come up with.
True. An overlooked but important juncture of History. There is a theory that the Satemization of Indo-Iranian, Thracian, Balto-Slavic and Armenian families is due to the mingling with the Bronze Age Finnic peoples in the Corded Ware Culture. Not yet confirmed, but the haplogroup R1a is common to them all.

So, this is clearly an underestimated part of History, that has shaped the Modern World to a great extent, if true, with many major Ancient religions and even Christianity itself, with its elements of Iranian religions (like the Magi). Even otherwise, the potential of a Volga Uralic Civilization is huge.

From my hazy recollections of Horse Wheel and Language your going to need a reason for them to embrace agriculturalism and move away from the steppe but that’s all I’ve got

If there picking habits from Anatolia and Caucasus why not drive into Iran and India as other PIE did? The steppe isnt agriculture friendly so it’s a trip from Anatolia to China

Agriculture also has an origin in China so there’s scope for picking up farming from there
My idea is to have them pick up agriculture from the Caucasian peoples, then develop it, and settle in the fertile Volga, Dnipro and Ural Basins, starting Civilizations like in the Fertile Crescent.

Then they repeat it in the Yenisei Basin. This stability and population increase lets them settle Mongolia, Central Asia (Oxus Basin), India and large parts of present China, by the 500 BC or 0 AD. My idea is for a geopolitically and ethnically unified Eurasia and North+East Africa, to pull of a huge Scientific Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back