• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

AHC: Proto-Fascist French Monarchy

Christian

The challenge here is to have a French monarchy practice something close to OTL Fascist policies. Perhaps the greatest chance of that would be with the Legitimists? I heard that they were the most right wing of the monarchists, but any monarch from them to the Bonapartes work.

The challenge here is to have a French monarchy practice something close to OTL Fascist policies. Perhaps the greatest chance of that would be with the Legitimists? I heard that they were the most right wing of the monarchists, but any monarch from them to the Bonapartes work.

Have the Action Française take power. They were Orléanists, though, which makes sense when you consider that the Legitimist line was extinct and no one in France took the Carlist claim seriously.

Do you mean the 19th century French monarchies or a revived pre-Mussolini one, or a revived monarchy that does fascist stuff post-WW1?

Boulanger is one that people commonly point to, although when I have explored the topic I always imagined him as an Admiral Horthy type who never actually hands the reins over to a monarch.

I do think he would face a rapid downfall soon after taking power, as he lacked political skill. In that sort of political vacuum generated by his fall, the room is certainly there for a restoration by his monarchist supporters.

I do think he would face a rapid downfall soon after taking power, as he lacked political skill. In that sort of political vacuum generated by his fall, the room is certainly there for a restoration by his monarchist supporters.

I think it is hard to argue he lacked political skill- contemporaries seemed to think he had Paris for the taking, but he blinked.

Back