• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

1000: The Sammies

Ooh, a pleasant surprise. And a well-chosen field, (he typed before realising he was among them.)

I'm still astonished that this site hosts one of the most comprehensive overviews of the Thirty Years War ever written online; it's more detail than you get in many chapters of a narrative textbook.

Nicely done David a good mix of 'well obviously that is a contender' and 'never seen that one before will give it a read later.'

Thank you.

The hardest part in each category was working out how to cut it down to just 4 nominees.

It's obviously a very personal selection, but it is an indication of just how much meat there has been in the blog articles over the years.

Thank you.

The hardest part in each category was working out how to cut it down to just 4 nominees.

It's obviously a very personal selection, but it is an indication of just how much meat there has been in the blog articles over the years.
I have to admit I didn't expect to be there and am very surprised to be a contender.

Its oddly humbling in an ego boosting way.

What a brilliant ploy to get people to read articles they may have missed.

There's a lot of good quality stuff. I've left out a number of articles and writers who fully deserved to be nominated, but I just didn't have the room.

Without good writers submitting good articles, there isn't a blog. So I felt it appropriate to celebrate the success to date.

And, I must add, some stonking good books as well.

Back