• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. E

The Grand Colonel Effect

I've always felt we rather missed a chance with Air Forces mostly inheriting unit structure from armies and thus having Generals and the like, and then the US Space Force in particular splitting off from the Air Fore and mostly just sticking with Air Force which is to say mostly Army ranks. I...
  2. E

What if NASA had used as much existing Apollo hardware as possible for the Space Shuttle?

I tried simultaneous posting of Boldly Going when we were releasing that, and it drew...dramatically less comments and discussion for the effort, hence not being particularly interested in putting in the effort for long-finished TLs. I can't recall seeing any, in part because it'd be pretty...
  3. E

A Scottish Colony on Long Island?

Part of the idea of this is that as its own state, with its capitol someplace in the middle or even east end of the island, transportation around the island with rail (and not just to Brooklyn) will be prioritized: more cross-island lines, more frequent service with connections on the outer end...
  4. E

A Scottish Colony on Long Island?

So, I have been tossing around for a while the concept of a setting with a US state of Long Island (including Brooklyn, LI), in part driven by wanting to mess around with alternate transit and particularly rail in what would (if it existed) be the most densely populated state in the US. At about...
  5. E

V-S Day review

I really enjoyed this book when I've read and re-read it--it and Tranquility Alternative introduced me to the rest of his work, which is also pretty good.
  6. E

Space Exploration WIs

I'm going to answer primarily for the American side. The TLDR is: Flyby: Late 1965 for a flyby, using circumlunar Gemini (limiting factor being flight proven Gemini, but having the Saturn IB instead of the Saturn I avilable is a nice bonus to mission margin) Landing: More complicated. Mid to...
  7. E

Space Exploration WIs

May I interest you in a semi-serious China space TL?
Back