• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Because I was bored and was in the middle of reading a fairly interesting book about 1925-1945 Plaid and got thinking about Lewis as a Salazar...

saunders lewis.png
{{Infobox officeholder
|honorific-prefix= [[Style (manner of address)#Government|His Excellency]]
|name = Saunders Lewis
|honorific-suffix= [[Order of the Tower and Sword|UDS]] [[Order of Prince Henry|UT]]
|image = António de Oliveira Salazar portrait (by Manuel Alves San Payo) – Lisboa.jpg
|imagesize =
|caption = Official portrait, {{circa|1968}}
|office = [[Prime Minister of Portugal|Prime Minister of Wales]]
|term_start = 5 July 1932
|term_end = 25 September 1968
|president = {{ubl|[[Arthur Griffith-Boscawen]]|[[i|The Baron Aberdare]]|[[Tasker Watkins]]}}
|predecessor = [[i|The Marquess of Anglesey]]
|successor = [[Peter Thomas]]
|office1 = [[Minister of Defence (Portugal)|Minister of National Defence]]
|term_start1 = 13 April 1961
|term_end1 = 4 December 1962
|primeminister1 = Himself
|predecessor1 = [[Roy Jenkins]]
|successor1 = [[Emlyn Hooson]]
|office2 = [[President of Portugal|President of Wales]]
|term_label2 = [[Acting (law)|Acting]]
|term_start2 = 18 April 1951
|term_end2 = 9 August 1951
|primeminister2 = Himself
|predecessor2 = Arthur Griffin-Boscawen
|successor2 = The Baron Aberdare
|term_label3 = Acting
|term_start3 = 15 April 1935
|term_end3 = 26 April 1935
|primeminister3 = Himself
|predecessor3 = Arthur Griffith-Boscawen
|successor3 = Arthur Griffith-Boscawen
|office4 = [[Portuguese Navy|Minister of Land Reform]]
|term_label4 = Acting
|term_start4 = 30 January 1939
|term_end4 = 2 February 1939
|primeminister4 = Himself
|predecessor4 = Ernest Evans
|successor4 = Ernest Evans
|term_label5 = Acting
|term_start5 = 25 January 1936
|term_end5 = 5 February 1936
|primeminister5 = Himself
|predecessor5 = Ernest Evans
|successor5 = Ernest Evans
|office6 = [[Minister of Foreign Affairs (Portugal)|Minister of Foreign Affairs]]
|term_label6 = Acting
|term_start6 = 6 November 1936
|term_end6 = 4 February 1944
|primeminister6 = Himself
|predecessor6 = [[i|William George]]
|successor6 = John Edward Daniel
|office7 = [[Portuguese Army|Minister of War]]
|term_label7 = Acting
|term_start7 = 11 May 1936
|term_end7 = 6 September 1944
|primeminister7 = Himself
|predecessor7 = Aubrey Williams
|successor7 = [[William Charles Fuller]]
|term_label8 = Acting
|term_start8 = 5 July 1932
|term_end8 = 6 July 1932
|primeminister8 = Himself
|predecessor8 = [[i|The Earl of Denbigh]]
|successor8 = Robert Bye
|office9 = [[Overseas Ministry (Portugal)|Minister of the Diaspora]]
|term_label9 = Acting
|term_start9 = 3 November 1930
|term_end9 = 6 November 1930
|primeminister9 = The Marquess of Anglesey
|predecessor9 = Hubert William Lewis
|successor9 = Hubert William Lewis
|term_label10 = Acting
|term_start10 = 21 January 1930
|term_end10 = 20 July 1930
|primeminister10 = The Marquess of Anglesey
|predecessor10 = Hubert William Lewis
|successor10 = Hubert William Lewis
|office11 = [[Ministry of Finance (Portugal)|Minister of Language and Culture]]
|term_start11 = 28 April 1928
|term_end11 = 28 August 1940
|primeminister11 = {{ubl|[[i|Watkin Williams-Wynn]] |[[i|The Baron Penrhyn]] |The Marquess of Anglesey|Himself}}
|predecessor11 = Watkin Williams-Wynn
|successor11 = [[i|Ambrose Bebb]]
|term_start12 = 3 June 1926
|term_end12 = 19 June 1926
|primeminister12 = [[i|Hedd Wyn]]
|predecessor12 = Hedd Wyn
|successor12 = [[i|The Marquess of Bute]]
|office13 = Member of [[Chamber of Deputies of Portugal (1910–1926)|Senedd Cymru]]
|term_start13 = 31 July 1921
|term_end13 = 17 September 1921
|constituency13 = Swansea
|birth_name = John Saunders Lewis
|birth_date = 15 October 1893
|birth_place = [[Wallasey]], [[Cheshire]], [[England]], [[i|United Kingdom]]
|death_date = {{death date and age|1970|7|27|1893|10|15|df=y}}
|death_place = [[Cardiff]], [[i|Wales]]
|height = 1.75 m <!-- (5 feet 8.9 inches) -->
|party = [[National Union (Portugal)|Mudiad Cymreig]] (1930–1970)
|otherparty = [[i|Centre Party]] (1919–1930)
|alma_mater = [[University of Liverpool]]
|signature =
|profession = Politician, poet, dramatist, mediaevalist, literary critic
}}

The Talaith Newydd of Saunders Lewis would drastically change Wales, that is for sure.

[For the names, all are real. Saunders Lewis, Arthur Griffith-Boscawen, The Baron Aberdare, Tasker Watkins, The Marquess of Anglesey, Peter Thomas, Roy Jenkins, Emlyn Hooson, Ernest Evans, William George, John Edward Daniel, Aubrey Williams, William Charles Fuller, The Earl of Denbigh, Robert Bye, Hubert William Lewis, Watkin Williams-Wynn, The Baron Penrhyn, Ambrose Bebb, Hedd Wyn and The Marquess of Bute]

The real challenge was finding army people, ngl. I think I did pretty okay?

Last edited:
Untitled878-20240507112407.png

Every player character in Get to the Top (of the Pops), by @Caprice and LawfulInsane on AH.com.

Last edited:
1715218383654.png
FOR LEVEL C-04 OR HIGHER EYES ONLY
CASE-12101810-WF-AURUM
GROUP: REPUBLIC OF WEST FLORIDA
CAPITAL: BILOXI (DE JURE), UNDERBILOXI (DE FACTO)
THREAT LEVEL: HIGH
COOPERATION LEVEL: MEDIUM-HIGH TO HIGH

The Republic of West Florida is a Semi-Recognized Nation that claims the former territory of West Florida, as well as claims full legal authority from the Republic of West Florida (1810). It controls approximately half of above-ground, or Over, Biloxi, and 95% of Underbiloxi, via various undisclosed deals made before the Fairbanks Presidency. They are largely cooperative with the USDOSA, although that cooperation is yet to be seen with other departments (See: the Battle of Lafayette Street, File 13, Section A of this report). They are to be dealt with diplomatically, as Biloxi's location in the Mississippi Triangle (See: New Madrid Earthquake and Consequences, File 74, Section X for more information) sees their territory having too strong of an Aura for it to be feasible to take over. The Republic is currently ran by President Mike Johnson of Biloxi, a former movie star and current politician, who is formally Independent, as per the West Florida Constitution (See: Republic of West Florida Constitution, Article 4, Section 3. A copy is in this report.). Johnson, in a private interview, has agreed to continue working with USDOSA in handling the Biloxi part of the Mississippi Triangle, therefore, any and all assassination or coup attempts are forbidden and will be met with a Class-A-47 or higher Punishment. The Republic, as of 2024, does not possess any Weapons of Mass Destruction, and is relatively peaceful. All meetings with the Biloxi City Government are to be accompanied by at least One USDOSA member, as per the Treaty of Underbiloxi.

1715218504796.png

2030 Michigan as 1986 Illinois2030Michigan.png
The 2030 Michigan gubernatorial election was held on November 5, 2030. Democratic candidate Jocelyn Benson won her second term in office, defeating the Michigan Coordination Party nominee, former United States Congressman Peter Meijer, by around 530,000 votes.

Meijer, a Repubican, originally ran for and received that party's gubernatorial nomination. However, his preferred candidate lost the lieutenant gubernatorial nomination to Adam Tahir in the primary (primaries for both major parties were held March 19, 2030). When it came out after the primary that Tahir was a member of the MAGA Communism movement, Meijer dropped off of the Republican gubernatorial ticket to avoid running with Tahir. Meijer formed the third party Coordination Party and ran as its candidate with Mark Tisdel as his running mate. Virtually the entire Republican establishment supported Meijer's bid. The "official" Republican ticket, ultimately running Tahir on the ballot alone as a lieutenant gubernatorial nominee without a gubernatorial nominee atop the ticket, only just managed to surpass the 5% mark needed for the party to retain their major party status in Michigan after the election.

For Michigan, this would be the first and only time that the governor and lieutenant governor would be nominated in separate primaries, but run as a single ticket in the general election. A rule that was added to the constitution via a state ballot measure in 2026 but would be removed via state ballot measure in 2032 as a result of the events of this election.

Most of the text is just somewhat rewritten from the 1986 Illinois gubernatorial election Wikipedia page if that sort of thing needs to be cited.

Last edited:
What's the concept here? A bunch of OCs?
@Caprice can explain better, but it's a game about trying to set up the "Humberside sound", which pretty much necessitates the creation of a music scene in the Humberside region. The featured OCs are the main musicians within said scene.

These OCs come from a bunch of people, all of whom are mostly only on AH.com:
• Montgomery - Bevillia
• Barker - ZimbabweSaltCo
• McMahon/Collins - Mecanimetales
• Chamberlain - @Kerguelen
• Motley - ThatAutisticGuy
• Wong - Laserfish
• Grieving - Screwhorn77
• de Alves - Tales Weaver
• Hill - Tiger
• Marshall - Whiteshore
• Sitko - vancho1
• Spencer/Atkinson/Johnson - me, @shearsforest
• Kilpatrick - RyderWest
• Thompson-Scotts - AudieOnAHCom
• Nelson - @jonnguy2018
• Septiem/Oliveira/Webb - ennobee
• Pazzatelli - Temeraire
• de Arc - @StarlightAxolotl
• Thompson - TrevorFromStarWars
• Hades - WotanArgead
• Nelson - @AstroRangerBeans

What's the concept here? A bunch of OCs?
My friend Lawful and I ran a game on the other place's Shared Worlds forum that was supposed to be set in a Northern English punk scene that would mellow out into some nice new wave post punk goodness. Then only two player characters really did punk (as opposed to pop, folk, prog, metal, etc.), and the two of them collaborated on a single punk act. It went off the rails, but everyone had a good time overall.

Except the person we banned who then misgendered me (not trans), called me a "woke Liberal nazi communist Marxist[sic]", accused Lawful (a Chinese man living abroad specifically out of opposition to the CCP) of selling players' data to the CCP to his face, then asked when he'd be let back into the game.

going out on a limb here so forgive me if this is an incorrect interpretation, but are these states meant to be politically semi-analogous to Israel-Palestine ?
They’re not meant to be analogs on Israel-Palestine plus they’re not geographically close but I totally can see how you thought they were, especially with them being back to back. The United Sovereign States kinda started as an Israel type country after an Anti-Masonic president ended slavery… and launched a pogrom against Catholics. And the Mormons took advantage of the chaos to form their own state

Back