• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by vjw

1. V

Max's election maps and assorted others

As someone who used this in Germany 1912, I argue that this should be the industry standard
  2. V

vjw's Electoral Vault

I am interrupting my regular programme for a message, don't worry, I will be back to The Way of the Confederation after the hiatus. If anyone remembers, I would most like to depict the Ukrainian parliamentary elections of 1990. To this end, I have been reviewing sources on the Internet. There...
  3. V

PM's Election Maps And Stuff Thread

Finally, someone woke me up. I'm going to eat some apples or something :) Speaking of Ukrainian elections, I would most like to depict the parliamentary elections of 1990. The main problem is that there is no complete data. The website of the Verkhovna Rada has information about winning...
  4. V

Being aware of Oleh Lyashko's Radical Party, Vitali Klitschko's UDAR and other parties with the initials of their leaders, nothing surprises me
  5. V

Have you tried searching for Großherzogtum Hessen instead of Hesse-Darmstadt?
  6. V

Gott segne Max! I want to believe (extremely) that you will see it through. Georg Ebner tweeted data on MPs in the form of a table. There is information about the North-East, North-West, Mid, South and Austria-Bohemia (unfortunately, not as a thread)
  7. V

PM's Election Maps And Stuff Thread

Congratulations on joining! Nothing more to add
  8. V

WI the French took Calais in 1453?

There are many variations of Calais that have remained English. But the position of this piece of land was precarious, the English had to maintain a good fortress and a solid garrison - all to ensure that the Flanders wool provided prosperity for England. In 1436 Calais withstood the attack of...
  9. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - Canada 1867 (Part 2)

Campaign It should be noted that each candidate was independent in his beliefs and platform, and their actions had more influence than in modern times. This led to the phenomenon of 'loose fish', in which unambitious or inconspicuous MPs supported the decisions of Conservatives and Reformers...
  10. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - Canada 1867 (Part 1)

After a few days of illness, I returned to work. Now we come to the key moment - the federal elections themselves, which I decided to divide in half. This is an amended and expanded first post here, and so it is interesting to recall what is involved. So, come on...
  11. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: Doggerland election 1977 (Doriet-Roesbeke) - AH

It's time to take a short break from the Canadian series and go to Doggerland, which has risen from the sea. It's essentially a polsim in Discord, where there's two forces. The United Republicans are a diverse group of political leanings, dominated by protectionism, isolationism, civil...
  12. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - New Brunswick 1866

1866 NEW BRUNSWICK ELECTION After the elections in 1865, the anti-Confederates were in an advantageous position. You bet, because their majority allowed to make any decision. But was there unity? A few members favored self-government, one even advocated a complete break with England. But most...
  13. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - New Brunswick 1865

1865 NEW BRUNSWICK ELECTION The Charlottetown Conference was scheduled to approve the union of the Maritime colonies. The arrival of the Canadian representatives turned the picture upside down, indicating the possibility of a broad Confederation of all parts of British North America, together...
  14. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - Canada 1863

1863 CANADIAN ELECTION When the session was opened in early 1863, the popularity of the Sandfield Macdonald-Sicotte government was high and the premier himself from Canada West was approved for maintaining the intra-party unity of the reformers. However, the external situation was becoming more...
  15. V

vjw's Electoral Vault
    Threadmarks: The Way to the Confederation - Prologue

THE WAY TO THE CONFEDERATION (February-December 2022) PROLOGUE The 1860s could be called a defining time for Canadian history. A time of maturation. Formed in 1841, the Province of Canada was a compromise between the dominant French-speaking East and the fast-growing English-speaking West. With...
Back