• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by T.T.Drewett

1. T

The Oregon War

I don't, well not yet anyway. Just my facebook page is all.
  2. T

The Oregon War

I'll send a copy to your email.
  3. T

The Oregon War

Yeah, I added something like 25,000 words to the second edition. I added another character perspective, and expanded some of the main characters more. It's quite a different book.
  4. T

The Oregon War

Skinny, thank you so much for your support. None of this would have happened if you hadn't taken a chance on me, so thank you! I've already gotten four chapters deep into a sequel. Are you planning on reviewing the second edition as well?
  5. T

The Oregon War

My first EVER full-length novel, and I am truly honored and humbled to have it published by SLP. If you've read the book, tell me what you think!
  6. T

Review - The Oregon War, by T T Drewett

Well, I love Turtledove, but so often it can seem like he repeats things, so I wanted to stay away from that. Stirling is for sure influential, I enjoy his writing style more I think. Generally, I'll pretty much read anything with the alternate history stamp on it.
  7. T

Orginally, the whole thing was going to take place in Oregon with the Harper's. But I found that, especially with the communication limits of the time, that I wasn't showing the whole world like I wanted to. I.E., why I have sections with President Polk and Robert E. Lee, etc. It is the Harper's...
  8. T

Honestly it was by complete accident. In my first brain storm, I had a pretty generic murder-mystery play out as the cause for the plot. But as I was reading through the library of congress, I stumbled upon a series of letters from an american settler in the oregon territory. She talked about...
  9. T

I'm 26 years old, living in Puyallup, Washington. I fell in love with alternate history when I was a teenager in high school. I read the greats like Harry Turtledove and S.M. Stirling, and really felt that alternate history had so much potential as a genre. However, the history of the Pacific...
  10. T

Hello everyone, this is the author. I'd be happy to chat or answer any questions! I am planning on doing at least one sequel.
Back