• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Aznavour

1. A

William Pitt, Uninterrupted (1806-18??)

William Pitt, the younger, who might or might not have been Britain’s greatest Prime Minister, governed first in 1783-1801, left over the issue of Catholic Emancipation (although perhaps the toll of a quarter of a century in government and a history of bad health might have played a part) before...
  2. A

1788: The Lion, The Unicorn, The Fox and the Madness of King George III

Somewhere out there, in the best of all possible words, the Tories lost the 2015 election and Ed Thomas wrote his best work, an AH about the ministry of Charles James Fox, Britain’s least likely Prime Minister. But since we’re not in that world, we’ll have to imagine such a scenario on our...
  3. A

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

From the seventh HOS challenge. Pax Alexandrina Rulers of Rome and Egypt under the Antonine-Ptolomean Dynasty Mark Anthony (34 BCE -15 BCE) with Cleopatra VII as Queen of Egypt Nominally under Caesarion, as King of Kings (34 BCE - 20 BCE) Iullus Antonius (15 BCE - 22 CE) with...
  4. A

The Seventh HoS/HoG List Challenge

Pax Alexandrina Rulers of Rome and Egypt under the Antonine-Ptolomean Dynasty Mark Anthony (34 BCE -15 BCE) with Cleopatra VII as Queen of Egypt Nominally under Caesarion, as King of Kings (34 BCE - 20 BCE) Iullus Antonius (15 BCE - 22 CE) with Cleopatra Selene II as Queen of Egypt...
  5. A

Divided China after World War II

I wonder how a 1895 Russo-Japanese War would have gone. I’d assume Russia would be in a stronger position, although maybe this scenario would involve Chinese proxies.
  6. A

Eastern Roman Empire survives as Ottoman Vassal State

Much like Moldova and Wallachia, the ERE became a vassal state of the Ottoman Turks, but unlike the Danubian Principalities or Serbia, they were eventually just conquered and annexed as direct possessions. But could the ERE have experienced a “survival” of sorts and eventual revival as did...
  7. A

1815: King Charles X and the Ultra Reaction

Much like with the downfall of the direct Capets 400 years earlier, in which King Philippe le Bel had three sons (of varying degrees of competence) who all reached and died on the throne of France in short order, so did their Bourbon descendants fall, when the three sons of Dauphin Louis...
  8. A

Alternate History General Discussion

Dang, that’s a much better racket than what we’re doing here.
  9. A

Why not? It’s either as accurate as sources and authorial effort/intent allow, or it’s not, in which case it’s just deviating in terms of motivation or characterization or the development of certain events while the larger historical facts remain the same. For instance, I wouldn’t count...
  10. A

Recently I acquired and read Argentina’s sole piece of counterfactual history literature, Marcos Victoria’s 1967 Buenos Ayres City: una Ucronía. The first is a parodic take on Graham Greene and some of the more fanciful fantasies reactionaries had about what Argentina should have been, either...
  11. A

Truly the great TR can just reassemble the Rough Riders and punch his way to Berlin through sheer manliness.
  12. A

A less plausible one, but the idea did have me wondering: What if the United States had been like Argentina? Of course this is far more stable than the concept would imply, but I didn’t want this one to have over 60 entries and endless asterisks and little civil wars. General War Directorate...
  13. A

The United States without World War Two

For the sake of argument, let’s handwave the war away with a 1938 Sudentenland Crisis gone wrong+Wehrmacht Putsch, while in the East the IJA is bogged down in an endless war in China, or rather just has several small wars whenever the sabre-rattling cliques get bored. Where does that leave...
  14. A

Least favorite alt-history story?

Maps done on paint that are 80% expository wall-of-text are my least favorite kind of map and AH, incidentally.
  15. A

SLP’s most popular new game: Pin the Ideology on the Mosley.