• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Adventures of Aella the Amazon. Part 4: Season 3

Fun fact, the bloke who ran Hull University Science Club (now sadly deceased) once got roped into the interactive Xena & Hercules thing at Universal Studios as a centaur. Despite the bluescreen on-the-spot being spliced into the pre-prepared film, he still looked more convincing than the all-CGI centaur in the first Harry Potter film.

Fun fact, the bloke who ran Hull University Science Club (now sadly deceased) once got roped into the interactive Xena & Hercules thing at Universal Studios as a centaur. Despite the bluescreen on-the-spot being spliced into the pre-prepared film, he still looked more convincing than the all-CGI centaur in the first Harry Potter film.
That was a Centaur? I thought it was Ax from Animorphs!

He was blue!

That was a Centaur? I thought it was Ax from Animorphs!

He was blue!
I'm beginning to think that 'not reading the Animorphs books in my school library' is my second biggest secondary school regret after 'being conned into taking Geography GCSE and then getting bait-and-switched because they replaced the good teacher with a crap one'.

I'm beginning to think that 'not reading the Animorphs books in my school library' is my second biggest secondary school regret after 'being conned into taking Geography GCSE and then getting bait-and-switched because they replaced the good teacher with a crap one'.
I know it more from the television adaptation than the books, though the covers were always enticing just not enticing as those of Goosebumps (stay tuned for the next article in my horror series!)

The one thing I have always wondered with centaurs is how two sets of lungs and two stomachs work. It would be tricky for a centaur to eat grass so I assume they eat human food. To overcome the practical challenges, I assumed centaurs were portrayed wrongly and in fact had a horse's neck and just a human head on the end of it; arms would emerge at the shoulders for the horse's front legs, a bit like claws on arachnids. Probably overthought this!

The one thing I have always wondered with centaurs is how two sets of lungs and two stomachs work. It would be tricky for a centaur to eat grass so I assume they eat human food. To overcome the practical challenges, I assumed centaurs were portrayed wrongly and in fact had a horse's neck and just a human head on the end of it; arms would emerge at the shoulders for the horse's front legs, a bit like claws on arachnids. Probably overthought this!

I've seen one Narnia fic writer go for the approach of 'hay with steaks' because both the horse bits and the human bits need different types of sustenance.

Back