• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Pride and Points of Divergence

D378.gif

Five stories in now, getting my eyes opened with gay youth gangs in Germany, Nottingham activists, and what may be the first recorded trans woman in English historical record, none of which I knew about before AH was crafted around them.

I learned what the polite phrase of LGBT people in the 40s was doing research for mime

Recognition's utopia is an indictment, that we were this close to it actually happening, an entire other world was failed. The Observer journalist being trans is a savage touch

I obviously love every story in the anthology, but yeah Recognition is a real one; @Kato outdid herself there

Nottingham activists
I will say, if you can try and give “Robin Hood Rides Again – A Rebel Scene” a read, it details Ray’s actual attempts at electoral politics and is also a good snap shot of the state of Nottingham Politics in the Mid 60s.

But yeah, the queer history of Nottingham is underutilised and under discussed I find.

I will let everyone else know that I will get around to reading there’s in time, I’ve resisted reading the copy @Lilitou because I wanted to read the finished piece.

Back