• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Microfiction from the SLP Community: Part 1

I've seen an old map that has Smallville near Metropolis and it's in New York or Jersey rather than Kansas, as the films decided
The 1970s take was that Metropolis is in Delaware and Gotham is in New Jersey, which Americans find very funny for reasons I am too British to understand.

But its comics, the wikia page on this cites like 5 different statements by dc in different publications. In some they're twin cities in New York, instead.

The 1970s take was that Metropolis is in Delaware and Gotham is in New Jersey, which Americans find very funny for reasons I am too British to understand.

But its comics, the wikia page on this cites like 5 different statements by dc in different publications. In some they're twin cities in New York, instead.

I think there's at least one version that's basically 'New York City is on Manhattan, Metropolis is south Brooklyn and Gotham City is Jersey City.'

I think it's telling that this shifted from 'somewhere in approximately the Rhineland' to 'somewhere in the Balkans' around WWI.

Though the Duchy of Grand Fenwick shifted it back to somewhere near France in the Fifties for The Mouse That Roared. I guess that for the role it played, it had to be somewhere west of the iron curtain.

Back