• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

An Alternate History of Horror V: Pulp Fiction

Is public fascination with Sherlock Holmes purely because it's Sherlock Holmes actually a creepier thing than anything Lovecraft came up with: discuss

(It's an awkward one because I do think Conan Doyle's Holmes stories are good, but one comes across as implying otherwise when talking about the creepily obsessive and multigenerational fandom).

A creepily obsessive Fandom? Never!

Is public fascination with Sherlock Holmes purely because it's Sherlock Holmes actually a creepier thing than anything Lovecraft came up with: discuss

(It's an awkward one because I do think Conan Doyle's Holmes stories are good, but one comes across as implying otherwise when talking about the creepily obsessive and multigenerational fandom).
I don't think there's anything bad about sherlock holmes spin off fiction selling more and being popular then other shorts any more than its bad that people buy star trek/star wars spin off material. Reading the thing you like rather than the thing you dont know is a pretty basic inpulse.

I just wish more people liked pete and dud really.

Back