• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. N

Twitter embeds aren’t loading on my phone

I'm having the same issue on my computer (which is running Firefox) and my phone (Chrome).
  2. N

Political and cultural figures who could've had lives/careers in different countries

Tom Horne has had a long career in Arizona politics, being elected state rep and statewide official several time for the Republicans, but he was born in Montreal to Polish Jewish refugee parents in 1945. They only moved to the USA in 1949, so it's not impossible he ends up living in Canada and...
  3. N

Political and cultural figures who could've had lives/careers in different countries

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten about Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed. While he worked in the foreign service of Somalia in the 1980's, and later was PM and President of the country in the 2010's; he also lived in Canada and later the USA for about two decades between this periods. He was even a...
  4. N

Dawda Jawara was a Prime Minister in 1960's Gambia and their inaugural President in the 1970s. However, going backwards a bit, he studied in Glasgow University in the late 1940s and was apparently interested in the Labour Party. While he eventually returned to Gambia in the early 1950s, I don't...
  5. N

In a world with no 1958 Revolution, maybe some of the Iraqi Moaved?
  6. N

I vaguely remember Winfield Scott being offered the Presidency of Mexico after conquering it, I think by some political notables in Mexico City who saw him as some kind of stabilizing force, or to save their own hides, IDK. That's basically all I remember from Agent of Destiny. How true it is...
  7. N

Let's talk about the Gandhi family. No, not the Nehru-Gandhi family, I'm talking Mohandas Gandhi and his descendants. While he is obviously associated with India, Gandhi himself lived in South Africa for 21 years, more than a quarter of his life, and it was where he started his political...
  8. N

I mean I certainly know about people who did that, but I can try to fish up some people who also could have.
  9. N

The Caedite Infobox and Graphics Thread

I'll admit I've not read much on Wallace, but nothing I have read has ever suggested to me that the man was good at retail politics.
  10. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I just realized I never actually knew what Brandon Presley looked like. Great post, let's hope it becomes reality.
  11. N

Cartographicum Thandeum

As long as Arizona isn't the 48th state covered, I will be happy.
  12. N

The Biweekly Wikibox Challenge - Round III

Oh hey, I won. Neat. I also forgot to vote. Whoops.
  13. N

Alternate Consoles, Gaming, and Computers

The Panasonic M2 has always fascinated me despite a.) being descended from the 3DO and b.) having basically no clue what it even could have been in the first place.
  14. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Gregory Sanders was a former American cowboy, musician, and superhero, operating under the name of "The Vigilante" during his years in New York. Born in Cheyenne, Wyoming, Sanders left for New York to pursue a career in music, only putting it on hold to return to Wyoming after the murder of his...
  15. N

The Biweekly Wikibox Challenge - Round III

Gregory Sanders was a former American cowboy, musician, and superhero, operating under the name of "The Vigilante" during his years in New York. Born in Cheyenne, Wyoming, Sanders left for New York to pursue a career in music, only putting it on hold to return to Wyoming after the murder of his...
  16. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

They'd make up some bullshit on the fly, and then declare it inviolable tradition.
  17. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Wordle is a Touch Generations puzzle video game for the Nintendo DS, released on September 9, 2006 in North America, September 27, 2006 in Europe, and January 11, 2007 in Australia. It was developed and published by Hudson Soft. The game features 750 unique puzzles, with the ability to download...
  18. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Those are certainly good ideas, but I'm not sure if I'll go with them. Thanks for the suggestions though.
  19. N

I just found them in local bookstores.

I just found them in local bookstores.
  20. N

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I've actually had Prez's write-up and wikibox done for a while, I've just had difficulties finding a good picture, and putting the finishing touches on it. Same goes for Dick, I knew what the box would look like sans the picture, and I knew all of the points touched in the write-up.
Back