• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. W

CanadianTory's Test Thread

It's interesting that, like Obama in OTL, Powell unusually wins reelection with fewer electoral votes than in his initial victory.
  2. W

"G&H - Et si?" : Louis XIV won the Battle of Blenheim? - Sealion's take

Prince of Piedmont was an existing title. Its ruler, the Duke of Savoy, proclaiming himself a king would not fly, unless it was a usage like the Margrave of Brandenburg's was for a time: king in rather than king of. As far as Austria goes, I don't see king flying there, but perhaps an Electorate...
  3. W

WI: the MEK leads the Iranian Revolution instead of Khomeini

Perhaps, but I was thinking that they might prefer the Popular Front.
  4. W

WI: the MEK leads the Iranian Revolution instead of Khomeini

It could go any number of ways with the MEK in power. I'm not sure where they stood on Israel and Palestine, but I could see the new regime emphasizing ideology over religiosity per se in its chosen faction(s) to support.
  5. W

AH Cooperative Lists Thread

List of Governors of New York, 1907- Present (2039) 36. Charles Evans Hughes (1907-1910) Republican [Resigned after being confirmed as Justice on the Supreme Court] 37. James W. Wadsworth Jr. (1910-1917) Republican 38. Robert F. Wagner (1917 - 1921) Democratic 39. Franklin Roosevelt (1921-1924)...
  6. W

The Fortieth HoS List Challenge

Primary Tremors Kenneth Thomas Cuccinelli II (born July 30, 1968) is an American lawyer from Virginia who has served as United States Attorney General under President Donald Trump since the resignation of Jeff Sessions in 2018. A controversial figure, Cuccinelli's tenure at the Justice...
  7. W

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

This was true in his first unsuccessful campaign for governor as well. As a judge, Wallace was unusually respectful of Black attorneys who argued before him, and that helped secure him the endorsement of the NAACP in his very first run for governor.
  8. W

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

Does Judah Benjamin have something to do with this?
  9. W

Iran retakes Azerbaijan and Armenia during the Russian Civil War

Armenia probably won't join Iran without assurances of control over specific lands Azerbaijan sees as its own. This might allow for Armenia to stay out of the USSR though. It will be interesting to see what having Baku, Elizavetpol, and Nakhichevan means for the longevity of the Qajar Dynasty...
  10. W

Max's election maps and assorted others

What's the difference between Red and Orange?
  11. W

If the Triple Entente lost WWI, it is likely that Britain, not France, would have been the most revanchist of the three

As an aside, if a Central Powers victory results in Irish independence, how plausible is a Wittelsbach monarchy being established there?
  12. W

The Fortieth HoS List Challenge

So, it has to be a natural disaster or occurrence that provokes the change?
  13. W

What if Japan attacked the Dutch East Indies in 1936?

It's an intuition and inference. You yourself have said that Japan posed a problem for the colonizers of Asian lands. Given the problems Japan faced just a few years earlier with Western reaction to Manchukuo and the way the great powers intervened to retard Japanese gains in the 1905 war with...
  14. W

Look, Palau and Saipan to the Philippines maybe makes sense. Palau to New Guinea makes sense. But the moment the Japanese set foot in New Guinea, Australia will be waiting. Maybe you can do Palau to the islands northeast of Sulawesi, and then onto Manado, but the Japanese cannot afford to have...
  15. W

Japanese troops in Mesopotamia

That I did not know. But it is my understanding that Ghana has become home to many African Americans desiring to reside in Africa.
  16. W

Apt points, but The Dutch East Indies are not Samoa, or even Taiwan for that matter. New Imperialism island seizures were most effective when there was not a previous imperial power present or when one's claim or hold was at best dubious. There's a reason why it's rare for colonies of any size...
  17. W

There are stories of West African states, Ghana specifically I think, opting for the Soviet rather than the U.S. orbit after diplomats experienced firsthand segregated lunch counters in the latter.
  18. W

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

No 22nd amendment?
  19. W

So independence becomes the basis for racial equality in the League?
  20. W

That would effectively preclude postcolonial states from League membership, no?
Back