• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. M

Alternate History General Discussion

There was a period where YWUA seemed to be one of three most common thread types on soc.history.what-if. I wanted to combine all three in one generic thread: "You wake up as <head of a medium-sized political unit> which has been cast back In the Sea of Time and is about to be struck by Giant...
  2. M

There was a period on soc.history.what-if where there were so many of certain types of timelines that I wanted to write one on the basis of "You wake up as <leader of a political unit> that has been cast back in the Sea of Time and is about to be struck by giant meteors." It seemed like every...
  3. M

Someone on the NavWeaps forum using the name "Amerigo Vespucii" wrote a timeline where the Nimitz didn't go back, but dropped it for some reason.
  4. M

Least favorite alt-history story?

What's interesting is that Laumer had an entirely non-AH novel, Embassy (1965) where the diplomat is making his career in the establishment, and he ends up in Stockholm, where Worlds of the Imperium began. In fact, Embassy was written after Worlds of the Imperium. Strange.
  5. M

But there was a Ghostbusters TV show. Or rather, "The Ghost Busters" with Forrest Tucker, Larry Storch, and a guy in a gorilla suit (Bob Burns). When the movie came out, an animated version of that show was rushed out as a quick ripoff, so when they did a animated set of sequels to the movie...
  6. M

Countries That Almost Existed

Thanks. (I hadn't been here for the past few months because my computer died. Then the replacement died. Oh, the embarrassment!) But right now I am writing a novel based on that TL -- with the additional fillip that it's an ATL of one of my ATL.
  7. M

Incredibly pat historical occurrences

They're not even listening to ABBA. (Yes, at the battlefield.)
  8. M

Incredibly pat historical occurrences

Here we have Wellington, Napoleon, and Blücher meeting before Waterloo to shake hands.
  9. M

I think my memory mercifully deleted those opinions. Even his historical knowledge was . . . deficient, as when he claimed that Robert E. Peary reached the North Pole but his assistant and chief worker Matthew Henson didn't. I know something about this. HE WAS WRONG!!! If anyone asks I'll be...
  10. M

Well, there was one, I didn't actually read, but . . . Sit around the fire and listen to the Old Prospector bloviate. Back in the Elder Days, when soc.history.what-if and alt.history.what-if were the places for online AH, we didn't have none of them boards or sich, there was a feller . . . oh...
  11. M

How about (deep breath) The Plot Against America? Everyone was so wildly enthusiastic about a real-life Big Name Author writing AH. Yet he fell into a morass of blunders, weird assumptions, and laziness. Consider: Lindbergh wins every state except Maryland, running on a pure isolationist...
Back