• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

All Union: My new AH novel

Coiler

Connoisseur of the Miscellaneous
Published by SLP
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy to announce that All Union, my AH novel centered around the war between the Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics and Romania and its aftermath from Kyrgyzstan to New Jersey, is now out. It has mobile corps, supertanks, and oh yeah, these little irrelevant things called "plots", "characters", and "romance."

This has been far and away my favorite novel to write, so I'm extremely excited for its release.

Store Link

I've been waiting on this one for a while, and I got a copy when it first dropped. I loved it. It was great. Here's the review that I put on Amazon, but (for whatever reason) Amazon doesn't see fit to publish.

All Union gives us a fantastic look into a USSR that almost was!

When writing Alternate History, authors are often challenged between world building and character building. It is difficult to do both well. Colin Salt’s novel approach (and I don’t know if that pun was intended or not TBH) pays off well, where he clearly divides his book into a deep character dive, with a sprinkling of world building, followed by a riveting war thriller.

I was a bit dubious of the sub title, but this book really is about love, mystery and war, and each aspect is well told. In my experience that combination is very rare. Most author’s who can write a badass battle scene tend to embarrass themselves when they try to incorporate a true love story. But Colin easily slides between the two. The Mystery was fun, and I 100% didn’t see it coming, though the payoff in the epilog was a bit of a let down to this reader.

It's almost an intangible, but there's something about Colin's diction. There were several times in the book where I laughed out loud at a turn of phrase, and then stopped, thinking "I feel like I'm the only person in the world who finds that funny" Almost like I'm sharing an inside joke with a stranger. Read the book, and tell me if that makes any sense.

If you are a fan of history, and what might have been, this is a great read. Colin doesn’t get bogged down in the minutia of Governing the Soviet Sovereign Republics, but provides an interesting overview of how some of this could have come to be.

Finally, this is a complete story. It has a beginning, a Middle and an end. It doesn’t end on a cliffhanger, but it leaves the door open for another installment that I hope the author pursues, and I’ll read if and when it comes out.

Happy to announce that All Union, my AH novel centered around the war between the Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics and Romania and its aftermath from Kyrgyzstan to New Jersey, is now out. It has mobile corps, supertanks, and oh yeah, these little irrelevant things called "plots", "characters", and "romance."

This has been far and away my favorite novel to write, so I'm extremely excited for its release.

Store Link

Wait, so it is not a Harry Turtledove style novel, will have to check it out then,

Back