• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Tovarich

1. T

Least favorite alt-history story?

Moorcock would read mean if he were writing out a Mother's Day card.
  2. T

Should the Writing forum be made public?

It'd honestly never occurred to me that only members can read the writing on here. I feel quite privileged now, and resolve to be a less lazy consumer and comment more often.
  3. T

Are You Sure You Want To Like This?

Many thanks Arta :) I'd have been awake all night wondering about it if you hadn't told me.
  4. T

Are You Sure You Want To Like This?

I've been asked this a couple as times recently, something which never happened before. It's no big deal, I've no problem with clicking a confirmation, I'm just curious why it's started to happen now and why it seems so random. In neither case was the post I 'liked' particularly controversial...
  5. T

Moonbase, Episode 5: A World Apart, Part 5

Could it be that there only ever were 49 people on the mission? If the journey to the moon in a cavorite ship were nothing like on a rocket, rather a gentle float from Earth all the way up on a large, roomy space-yacht with no need for everybody to be strapped into seats and instead wandering...
  6. T

What if Gordon Banks had Played

Oh indeed, I don't think the hubris factor can be overstated there. That probably started around the time she began asking "Is he one of us?" about appointments; something which should be anathema to a meritocrat. Thatcher in WIGBHP is not OTL Thatcher, of course, and if butterflies can affect...
  7. T

What if Gordon Banks had Played

I think the shrieking references were a comedic dig about her having IRL elocution lessons upon reaching Shadow Ministerial level. Prior to those, she had a voice you could cut glass with. Public Order Act 1986. I wasn't actually there for the prior 'Battle of the Beanfield', but I was at...
  8. T

Ignore Threads/Forums

I don't know if SLP has grown to the point where you take out actual advertisements yet, but this would make a wonderful hookline when you do.
  9. T

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

I wouldn't use "parasexual", I think the term "paralympic" is so entrenched in people's minds that first thought will be of sex for disabled people; which hopefully by the time of your TL is no longer considered weird. Like @Artaxerxes says, "kink" is a bit broad. Back in the late 80s, when I...
  10. T

FYFY. Have at it!
  11. T

Couldn't the US just buy it all back for cents-on-the-dollar at the secessionists' fire sale when they go bankrupt in about a fortnight?
  12. T

Kicks and bans

Gotta be said, Magistrates have to go on a training course in order to fairly apply judicial sanctions. It'd be a bit much to expect from folks just volunteering their time on a message board.
  13. T

Although the very earliest comments are forgivable, people not realising what the author's motivation was. I just went for a look and our own @Fletch was first on the ball with a "Wait.......you're serious about this? It's your manifesto?!" post. And thank gods for his perspicacity, meaning I...
  14. T

You never forget your first time, including the first TL where you have to pick your jaw up off the floor. People who read NDCR that way are like little babies. What was especially surprising to me, having only just started interacting with other AH fans at the time, was how reasonable Cumbria...
  15. T

Kicks and bans

Well I couldn't, because I couldn't log off whilst banned. Maybe that's because I got banned after the second software change, maybe I was on automatic login, I dunno. Whichever, it's a finnickity thing and hardly seems worth bothering anybody with.