• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Bomster

1. B

Could Robert F. Kennedy have won the 1968 Presidential Election?

Setting aside the already difficult process of attaining the Democratic nomination, if Bobby Kennedy was the 1968 Democratic Nominee, would he have been able to beat Nixon and Wallace? On one hand he is the brother to a beloved martyred President. On the other hand it’s a year in which Democrats...
  2. B

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

McGoverning (or, inspired by it) 1969-1973: Richard Nixon (Republican-California*) 1969-1972**: Spiro Agnew (Republican-Maryland) 1972-1973: vacant Richard Nixon could have been remembered as a successful two-term president, whose effective statesmanship ended the Vietnam War, opened China...
  3. B

What if RFK was the 1968 Democratic nominee?

My idea of a POD is butterflying McCarthy’s run by having Kennedy jump in the race earlier. By doing that you consolidate the anti-war vote. Plus by not having to slug it out in the primaries as hard he can focus on getting key support from party bosses.
  4. B

Well one POD I’ve had in my mind is RFK deciding to accept Allard Lowenstein’ differ to be the anti-war candidate in 1967, butterflying Eugene McCarthy’s run. At the very least that solves one issue.
  5. B

So let’s say that Robert F. Kennedy becomes the 1968 presidential nominee. How would he perform against Richard Nixon and George Wallace in the 1968 election? Could he have secured a majority of the electoral vote? What would the electoral map look like?
  6. B

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

It was Mondale.
  7. B

AHC: Have Germany defeat France by the end of 1914

What would the peace look like?
  8. B

Some PODs I've thought about is the BEF being encircled at Mons or La Cateau, or somehow the Germans pushing further and "winning" the Race to the Sea.
  9. B

So I've been fascinated with the First World War. Germany seemingly got extremely lucky on the battlefield in the opening weeks of the war, pushing all the way through Belgium and threatening Paris. Of course their advance was halted, but what if it wasn't? How could Germany have plausibly...
  10. B

Without the Cuban Missile Crisis, how long does Khrushchev remain in power?

Under Podgorny would the Soviet Union have a better chance at survival? Or would it be best to avoid Khrushchev altogether and go with someone like Melenkov or Mikoyan?
  11. B

Is Brezhnev atleast going to be butterflied?
  12. B

Best Post-Stalin Leader for the USSR?

Also none of this is an endorsement of any of these people or the Soviet Union itself. I’m just very interested in exploring a Soviet Union that actually worked.
  13. B

Best Post-Stalin Leader for the USSR?

So I’m imagining a world where the Soviet Union never fell, perhaps even achieved some semblance of economic prosperity which would prevent its fall. Who would be the best leader to succeed Stalin to achieve this? I originally thought extending Khrushchev’s reforms by having Nixon defeat Kennedy...
  14. B

So I’m developing a timeline of sorts, where the Soviet Union survives to the modern day. My idea for a POD is Nixon winning the 1960 election, butterflying the Cuban Missile Crisis and perhaps giving Khrushchev more time in power, hopefully butterflying Brezhnev. Does this seem plausible...
  15. B

Communist France and Italy post-WW2?

In the years immediately following the end of the Second World War, communist and other leftist parties enjoyed some of their highest levels of support. What would have happened if either of or both France and Italy went communist or elected communist/leftist governments? Would the United States...
Back