• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

New profile posts

Finally got around to actually reading Workers Spatula. Insane stuff, very funny when I could work out what it was actually talking about, but the real highlight is figuring out which one of the three or four writers wrote whichever article. Felt a lot like reading a very longrunning groupchat.
Reactions: Skaven
S
Skaven
Glad you're digging it, an embarrassing amount of my political development as a ween came from trying to reverse engineer what the punchlines were on some of those articles.
Sometimes I wish there'd would be some guide of the likes of "So you want to write some Alternate History timeline?" because I've no idea how to do so and not lost momentum immediately after posting twice..
By the way, i was reading a bit on your When The World Held Your Breath article series for reference, and what bibliography did you use for them?
Reactions: The Red
T
The Red
It was mostly work by David Glantz, David Stahel and John Erickson; if there was something to particular you were looking for I could probably dig it up?
D
Drizzly Mary
Ah, i was interested on the dispositions of the Kwantung Army and the Far Eastern Front, as well as if the Soviets aren’t asleep on the wheel and their ability to mobilize earlier.
D
Drizzly Mary
Also just brought me to the realization that most “well-regarded” WWII TLs saw the Eastern Front as kind of a sideshow—despite being the raison d’etre of Nazi policy—and usually the Soviets aren’t portrayed with as much care as the Americans, British or Free French.
GFqaYKGaQAAmoI_

Yooo they made Decisive Darkness in real life???
Hello hello! Haven't been on SLP in a while, how are you doing!
Reactions: The Red
T
The Red
Hi! Good to hear from you! I’m doing well thanks hope you’re good? I’ve actually started a new TL on here if you fancied checking it out, would love to hear your views!
D
Drizzly Mary
I’ve checked it out, it seems interesting though i cannot commrnt further
Back