• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Writing vs Scenarios and Points of Divergence?

King of Wessex

Selina Meyer 2020
I'm not sure if I've placed my TL correctly. I've written two chapters and it's 1500 words. Does it going in "Writing" or "Scenarios and Points of Divergence"?

“Scenarios and Points of Divergence” is broadly for discussion of historical events and how they could change, proposed alternate history scenarios, and little things like that (as well as short-form things like in the alternate lists thread).

Proper writing with chapters, story or TLs broadly belong in the “Writing” forum or, if it is in the stage of trying to prepare it for possible publication with SLP, the “First Drafts” forum (the latter with the reminder that something being posted in First Drafts is in no way, shape or form a formal submission to Sea Lion Press, merely a classification that it is in that preparation stage; submission to Sea Lion Press should be done according to the submission procedures on the main website, not via this forum).

EDIT: Based on your post above, I would say that your TL probably should go in the “Writing” forum.

“Scenarios and Points of Divergence” is broadly for discussion of historical events and how they could change, proposed alternate history scenarios, and little things like that (as well as short-form things like in the alternate lists thread).

Proper writing with chapters, story or TLs broadly belong in the “Writing” forum or, if it is in the stage of trying to prepare it for possible publication with SLP, the “First Drafts” forum (the latter with the reminder that something being posted in First Drafts is in no way, shape or form a formal submission to Sea Lion Press, merely a classification that it is in that preparation stage; submission to Sea Lion Press should be done according to the submission procedures on the main website, not via this forum).

Thank you! I think because I've been discussing it for 2 months or so I'm going to place it in the writing.

You're a lifesaver, thanks :)

Back