• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI Model is captured or killed during Operation Market Garden?

Geordie

"One of popculture's most iconic men"
Published by SLP
Pronouns
he/him
As it says on the tin. The Arnhem landings were sufficiently close to Osterbeek that Model initially thought the aim of the drop was to snatch him. Maybe combine this with the fact that a German staff car was shot up (by 3 Para, iirc) and have Model be the one who gets caught by the Airborne forces?

Either way, how does this affect the rest of the war? I mean, Market and Garden are still a complete mess, although potentially lesser ones without a rapid response from the German side. But how does this affect first the Hürtgen First, and secondly the Bulge?

Who commands? How do the forces perform? How does Hitler react to the capture or death of one of the generals who he seems to have highly rated?

Answers on a postcard, eh?

As it says on the tin. The Arnhem landings were sufficiently close to Osterbeek that Model initially thought the aim of the drop was to snatch him. Maybe combine this with the fact that a German staff car was shot up (by 3 Para, iirc) and have Model be the one who gets caught by the Airborne forces?

Either way, how does this affect the rest of the war? I mean, Market and Garden are still a complete mess, although potentially lesser ones without a rapid response from the German side. But how does this affect first the Hürtgen First, and secondly the Bulge?

Who commands? How do the forces perform? How does Hitler react to the capture or death of one of the generals who he seems to have highly rated?

Answers on a postcard, eh?
Von Rundstedt or Guderian I suppose,since everyone else is either occupied or has been dismissed from active duty due to their disagreements with Hitler. Maybe von Manstein if Hitler is desperate enough?

Presumably the war could end slightly earlier-February/March 1945.

Back