• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: Gaddafi Buys Man Utd

I don't know much about football, and i detest what little i do know, but it seems to me there'd be legal problems blocking the sale if the club actually needed a buyer desperately before its debts caught up with it or something. (If that's actually why the proposal was floated in the first place). ManUTD could easily insist the government paid up instead, if there was no other buyer, or try to refuse to pay debts because it wasn't THEIR fault the life-saving deal fell through. Possibly. Like i said, i don't know.

If this actually does happen, i'd just expect the club to be seized after the war in Libya begins.

Chris

The most "realistic" effect of Gaddafi's son worming his way onto the roster a la Chris Smith is that he makes only a few token appearances as a garbage time sub. But I want to see one of those manager gambits where he knows his job isn't going to continue, so he does something seemingly stupid as a passive-aggressive swipe at management. Like playing Al-Saadi Gaddafi for the entire game.

Back