• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Vignette: Seaward Avengers

I had been going about my life with the assumption that it was the winners of the vignette competitions that got posted to the blog, but Gary swiftly corrected me- apparently the blog is his personal fief, and he will post to it whatever he likes, regardless of its unworthiness.

I had been going about my life with the assumption that it was the winners of the vignette competitions that got posted to the blog, but Gary swiftly corrected me- apparently the blog is his personal fief, and he will post to it whatever he likes, regardless of its unworthiness.

Andy had the same policy. He published vignettes that he liked rather than just the winners.

Andy had the same policy. He published vignettes that he liked rather than just the winners.

Yeah Andy used to put up vignettes twice a month for one, so it would have been impossible to just stick with the winners. I switched it to once a month so I could just do the winners, but I liked the variety of just picking vignettes I liked instead and some months have more entries than others, so it's not really fair to go entirely by first past the post.

Andy also put up one of my vignettes, which very much did not win, because he felt it tied in nicely to the essays I'd been writing on the same subject and so made a nice cap to it. The same logic applied here, where in this nicely ties in to Tyler's China essays.

Back