• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Tyche's Testing Range

Introductory Post,🦿

Tyche

Americana Literalist
I don't really feel like posting on the other site anymore, so I figure I should start carefully storing all the little scraps I have for my various TLs in here like a hoarder.

Posts will probably be organized using some emoji signifier for each, and here is the first example!

🦿:This emoji will symbolize my unnamed take on a successful All-of-Mexico outcome to the Mexican-American War

Southwest Snip.png

This is a look at the contemporary central pacific coast of the US, both of those areas outlined in red are considered part of the State of Sonora for postal distribution reasons.

Last edited:
🦿WIP Central America
Centroamerica Snip.png

The Federal Republic of Central America! America's little buddy, and a pretty content and stable country, and country singular after almost 200 years for the national identity of a Centroamericano to come into focus. (Barring the Miskito State, which along with the various formerly british and or american island territories form a quebec/canadien parallel in terms of cultural autonomy)

I haven't put together a coherent history for it yet, but it persists because of American pressure and cash, who would rather have a southern neighbor that isn't constantly in little wars. It does function as a vehicle for American business (and later, syndicates) interests, but does none the less preform the roles of a functional state and comes into it's own towards the end of the 19th century.

Some little tidbits though!
- The canal doesn't get put in Panama OR Nicaragua, but America still builds it, in the Tehuantepec Isthmus, it's exactly as much of a nightmare as it sounds like
- Nicoya gets to be it's own state as a resolution to territorial disputes between Costa Rica and a much more insecure Nicaragua
- The federal capital, which I have yet to name, is that red dot there on Tigre Island in the Gulf of Fonseca
- There is a trans-national Los Altos regionalism movement which has popped up in recent years, it's not particularly serious

Last edited:
🌡️ Generic Choctaw State
Choctaw State snip.png
Oh she big
A big, probably Choctaw (probably ends up being in name only) state carved out of Yazoo Territory after a rebellious Georgia gets the shit beat out of it, sometimes in the 1810's-20's. This is not from my All-Of-Mexico take, but something even more outlandish, the original 1784 Land Ordinance passing. Slavery doesn't expand past the original states and maybe some kind of gradual compensated manumission program gets written into the constitution.

Last edited:
🌡️ Indian States! some of them
1672548203064.png
Choctaw state! New and Improved!
Shaved off a bit at the top to accommodate a Chickasaw state, but they were compensated with a bit more of the west florida parishes. Those territorial divisions are: 1) in the northern half those are actually OTL pre-deportation choctaw regional divisions, which were a bitch and a half to find, 2) the squarer, more anglo disticts are under more direct white influence, Natchez and Mobile disticts respectively.

1672549796819.png
Iroquois state!
The outlook of the war starts to shift in September 1777 where a meeting of the patriot-allied nations of the Oneida and Tuscarora and the neutral nation of the Onondaga met with General Schuyler immediately before the Battles of Saratoga and decided to relight the council fire, reconstituting the Iroquois Confederacy as as an explicit patriot ally after the council fire and confederacy were extinguished in January. The reconstructed Confederacy's internal balance of power was shifted dramatically. The reduced Seneca and Cayuga allowed to again be voting members, though the Seneca were compelled to surrender land to the new state government (established by the Confederacy, though the state government and Confederacy remain distinct entities), some of which was allocated to the newly-voting Tuscarora, the rest going to open market.

Alright so I did almost forget this existed but I'm gonna jog my memory about it by posting here and getting some attention (fingers crossed), so this timeline has be reformulated to 1) have more specific PODs to build on, and 2) basically just be revolutionary war wish fulfillment, just plausable enough to both have fun and trick my brain into going along.

Back